Anyone ridden/driven Duffy yet?

Thread: Anyone ridden/driven Duffy yet?

Jason #8,946,528 Array kromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    BMW Rockster 80

Anyone ridden/driven Duffy yet?

Weather permitting, I am toying with the idea of riding the loop on Sunday. Has anyone here been up that way yet? What are the roads like, besides dirty?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Still defying gravity... Array Thumper 8's Avatar
    Bike
    3 and 6 cylinders of fury
    Quote Originally Posted by kromedome
    Weather permitting, I am toying with the idea of riding the loop on Sunday. Has anyone here been up that way yet? What are the roads like, besides dirty?

Not too recently, I drove it back in February.

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=64276

The roads were fine except for the usual dirt, ice, bumps & lotsa rocks on the Duffey, especially on the hills near Lillooet, and BIG rocks on the road to Lytton. Don't go rippin' into blind corners - otherwise, the road itself was fine. Have fun and post up a report if you go

aka Tony

My WMRC/Pitt Meadows and other bike photos are at Thumphoto.com - follow on Twitter and connect on Facebook

Bike
    Kawasaki Land Rover and a liter-twin
    Tony: you'd think there would be some changes from Feb -> mid April

Bike
    BMW Rockster 80
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckyll
    You and your unreasonable expectations, sheesh!

Still defying gravity... Array Thumper 8's Avatar
    Bike
    3 and 6 cylinders of fury
    Quote Originally Posted by jeckyll

Hell no - it is still -14 up there

But they are calling for a winter storm to blow in tomorrow with a travel advisory for the Coquihalla and mountain passes - my bet is it will still be white up there with rocks on the road... ideal riding conditions

aka Tony

My WMRC/Pitt Meadows and other bike photos are at Thumphoto.com - follow on Twitter and connect on Facebook

Bike
    BMW Rockster 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 8
    Hell no - it is still -14 up there

But they are calling for a winter storm to blow in tomorrow with a travel advisory for the Coquihalla and mountain passes - my bet is it will still be white up there with rocks on the road... ideal riding conditions
    Not much different from when I did it at the end of March, last year then.

Bike
    John Deere
    I know the the highways contractors haven't started the spring sweeping/cleanup on the duffy yet. Calling for snow at higher elevations tonight!
    How's YOUR split time?

robomoto
    First post...I rode the Duffey on April 30. With the weather looking good, I decided to give it a shot rather than drone up the Coq.

For a first Duffey Experience, it was everything I've read. Got very cold, but I had several layers on, including rain gear to cut the wind. Wouldn't want to have been out there in just leathers or non-winter gloves!

Road was cleaner than I expeected, while there was gravel/sand and a few rocks here and there, that wasn't a surprize. Surface was pretty fun, lots of frost heaves and "potholes" of bike-eating size. Bottomed the rear end accelerating out of a corner, it's "search and avoid" rather than graceful flowing lines!

Caught up to a Lotus Elise out for a good run and hung back. The Elise spit gravel and dust when it got dicey, made a good real-time road update and when the road opened up the driver did the same. No need to get around him.

On the drop down into Lilooet the road cleaned up nice and you'd think it was early summer.

Took the Nicola highway back from Kamloops and really enjoyed that. Crews are sealing winter damage so there were a few 1-2km sections with fresh asphalt and/or that crunchy red gravel. However, in 60km I only had to pass three cages...it felt deserted. Lots of trucks going the other way would have made a ride that direction less fun.

FWIW, I was on a Buell XB9R Firebolt and the torque was great fun in the tight stuff. Lots of fun and a great ride. Thannks to various posters on the conditions!

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    Bike
    a few toys
    Quote Originally Posted by robomoto
    Surface was pretty fun, lots of frost heaves and "potholes" of bike-eating size. Bottomed the rear end accelerating out of a corner, it's "search and avoid" rather than graceful flowing lines!
    This is what I thought about that road the last time I was on it last summer. I didn't really enjoy the ride because it was more of a chore to piece together good patches of pavement and avoid the holes in the corners, rather than being able to get some nice lines through the corners. I'll be taking a pass on this road for a long time, until the bad road conditions are addressed. Instead, I'll be heading south of the border where there's plenty of challenging routes with GOOD road and signage.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Bike
    BMW Rockster 80
    Ended up doing the loop on the 22 April. It wasn't pretty, but doable at a reasonable pace.

See greenboy's thread:

http://bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67374