2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    No, But I'm always looking

What? I can't hear you... Array Speed3's Avatar
    Bike
    Have: '70 Yamaha CT175 + '73 DT360 + '75 Suzuki GT250L + '82 Suzuki PE175 Want: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Mmmmm it's no sportbike, but I just finished it (almost... still waiting for the original fenders, a replacement fuel petcock, rechromed hoops, new spokes and new tires). Bought it when I was 14, rode it a bit, got bored, bought the DT (it's a beater... next up for rebuilding), found a few parts in a garage sale, then rebuilt it, over the course of seven years. Go oil injection!

1970 Yamaha CT175.

And yeah, there's a couple nice CBs on ebay last I checked...

Bike
    92 ZX11 Kawasaki

Vintage

I recently sold my 78 Yamaha XS 1100 and my 82 Honda Ascot FT 500. The new owner of the XS repainted it back to the original Mocho Maroon and was able to get Collector plates for it. If I remember right he says insurance and plates for the year was $174.00. That is very cheap for 1100cc bike that goes like hell. I guess I made a mistake. Should have kept it and done the same.
    Ratty

Ratzilla
    Speed3, is that a single cylinder??

Bike
    Have: '70 Yamaha CT175 + '73 DT360 + '75 Suzuki GT250L + '82 Suzuki PE175 Want: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Yes, yes it is... one tine wee little piston hammering away in an equally tiny cylinder. What bugs me now is looking at those photos, the rain makes it look like there's water under the paint (there isn't), and the toolbox that is supposed to fit above the cylinder head and fill that big blank space between the tank and the head is sitting on my workbench, cleaned, sandblasted, and ready to spray. I think I'll do that tonight.

And those damn fenders piss me off.

It's a blast to ride around though... something about old bikes, I dunno. It's got enough power that if you stop, pull back on the bars, rev it up, and pop the clutch it'll lift the front end a good 6" in the air! Hahaha this thing's so rider-friendly it's amazing. One cool thing though, it'll go 250 miles on a single tank of gas. I could go from Vancouver to Mexico and all it would cost me is $25 bucks and at least 70% of my hearing!
    Last edited by Speed3; 04-20-2006 at 07:11 PM.

Bike
    RC-51, KX250

This is my dad's bike. He's owned it since new. It's said to be the first sportbike.

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Bike
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    That early Honda 750/4 motor was incredible for it's day, especially considering it's air cooled. It set the standard for large displacement jap bike motors for 20 years.

I had a '74 Rickman Honda 750 and it was tits.

Bike
    RC-51, KX250
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoodles
    That early Honda 750/4 motor was incredible for it's day, especially considering it's air cooled. It set the standard for large displacement jap bike motors for 20 years.

I had a '74 Rickman Honda 750 and it was tits.
    One of these? Sweet!
    http://www.vintagebike.co.uk/Bike%20...Rickman-74.htm

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Speed3, that's a GREAT restoration job! ! ! ! !
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    '99 VFR800, '77 RD400
    I have a '77 RD400 that I was riding up till last year, (see avatar) 2 smoke twin, powerband that snaps in and out and a trail of blue where ever I go. A love/hate relationship so I bought a '99 VFR last year as the RD worked out to be one hour of riding to two hours of repairing and parts are getting harder to find. It is now in the early stages of restoration. If any of you guys have parts...

Bike
    Thanks! I won't lie, I'm pretty proud of it... I've been tinkering with a few vehicles for too long, and this is the first project that is "finished." It's far from a real restoration, but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the original paint jobs and I did port the cylinder and do a few other little things just to make it a wee bit better than stock... maybe one day I'll go to the original metallic gold/silver scheme, but that'll be the day it becomes strictly pavement-bound... or up for sale

I'm considering another project now; as you know I plan on picking up a Daytona 675 at some point in the future, but lately I've been thinking a lot about picking up another old Yamaha to do up... they're great fun, especially compared to working on the damn car projects!

WMRC Past Prez three time Array NFG's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....
    Two sites you might find interesting if Vintage is your thing......

http://www.ton-up-club.com/

http://www.classicbikeswapmeet.com/home.html
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

"I guarantee that it will start, and I guarantee that it
    will blow up. I cannot guarantee the time between those two events."

"....those who go for broke often get there...."

"Buy in Haste, Repent at Leisure."

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Bike
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcbr
    Yup. I had that exact same motorcycle. Chrome alloy frame and magnesium wheels and fiber glass body. So god damn tech for 1974.

Bike
    1973 RD 350 KDX 220
    Attachment 40081 This is my ride.Does it qualify as a sport bike?