BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

who will be buying the new Ninja?

1K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  Harps 
#1 ·
I want to buy one but I still love my current Ninja, maybe in a few more years.

#3 ·
I think I'll have to hold onto my bike for at least one more season. Then I'll be graduated school for the season after that, and should be able to afford a new bike....assuming I've got a job.

So what does a portfolio manager with one of the big investment banks make? 1/4 mill/yr? Yeah, I should be able to walk into that job. :rolleyes

#5 ·
I'm more then likely going to be in the market for a new 600 this spring. I want to see all the new bikes in person before I make a decision but is that black Kawi ever sexy.

#8 ·
Big Jim said:
I don't think Human is for sale?

Jim.
Everything is for sale, except love (according to that song) but I even on that I'll beg to differ, hell I'd sell my soul for the right price.

#10 ·
Quasi said:
Everything is for sale, except love ....
Oh I don't know...... Ever hear the old adage "Money isn't the only thing in life but if you don't have it the other thing won't go out with you".........?

G
#12 ·
I doubt I'll buy anything new for at least a few years, but if I happen to come into some money over the winter I think that it would be my 600 of choice. I have to see the tests first. I wouldn't want the 636R, I'd only want an RR. I'll take it in red, blue, black or silver, they're all so damn nice.

#13 ·
VanCityR6 said:
I doubt I'll buy anything new for at least a few years, but if I happen to come into some money over the winter I think that it would be my 600 of choice. I have to see the tests first. I wouldn't want the 636R, I'd only want an RR. I'll take it in red, blue, black or silver, they're all so damn nice.
Well, the RR only comes in GREEN, so I don't think you have much of a choice. :p Why wouldn't you want the 636? Basically the same bike.

G
#16 ·
Harps, in answer to your question, I wouldn't want the 636 because it's no faster than the current 600's. My R6 with slip-on and jet kit is more powerful. It won't have the slipper clutch either will it? I'd take the RR in green before I'd take the 636. IMO the 636 is cheating anyway. I want a true 600. This is foolish talk anyway because it's highly unlikely that I'll get a new bike for quite some time.

#17 ·
VanCity: I'm not *sure* about this, but I heard (from BK) that the 636 will likely be the same basic motor as the RR, with a 2mm over-bore, and lower red-line. The hp output will be the same as the RR, but it will have more torque, in order to make it a better street bike. It will certainly be changed from last year, because it's gonna be getting FI and some other fancy tid-bits. You're right though, it won't get the slipper clutch, which would be pretty cool for track-days and racing. My main reason for getting the RR (if I get one) would just be for exclusivity....there are so many 600s out there, it's nice to be different.

#19 ·
adamantium said:
Of course I meant 'I should buy one so I can bug human'.

I think it would bother him to no end to have me ride a Kawi - and a new one at that. I'd even put Kawi sucks stickers all over it. :p

Ya I"m a hater.

bahahha.

Too much eneregy this morning..

Actually it wouldn't bother me at all if you bought the new ZX6RR/6R and not even if you placed Kawi. suck stickers all over it....I might though have a chuckle if you did put those stickers as after all you would be saying something about yourself if you insult you own ride.....:p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.