Nice Day Ride

Thread: Nice Day Ride

Lower Mainland

Nice Day Ride

So Sunday was a beauiful day for riding so Susan and I decided to head south to the Oyster Bar for an early Dinner

We had had a long discussion about putting a V-1

on her new FJR, I have a spare and yet she balked at the idea.

Now Susan was riding BMW Oilheads twins up to now, and I was concerned that the seamless and seemingly endless power of the FJR might lead her into "the Danger Zone" aka TOP GUN

Revvin' up your engine
    Listen to her howlin' roar
    Metal under tension
    Beggin' you to touch and go

Highway to the Danger Zone
    Ride into the Danger Zone

Headin' into twilight
    Spreadin' out her wings tonight
    She got you jumpin' off the track
    And shovin' into overdrive

Highway to the Danger Zone
    I'll take you
    Right into the Danger Zone

So off we go and it was a gorgeous sunny day in Vancouver as we come out fo the Massey Tunnel

I get very strong Laser hits, Susan is in the lead I look down at my GPS 128 KMH indicated speed limit 80 KM. I expect to see the friendly officer wave to Susan but NOOO ...Not to a chick!!! she just rolls on by and then moments later motions me to lead and run electronic countermeasures or be the sacrificial lamb

We arrive at the Border - oe hour line up but we have Nexus

Up the special lane and quick wave and we are with visiting our Southern Neighbours.

The Ride down I - 5 was a delightful drone but gave Susan time to roll on and off the throttle, constantly changing gears and continuing that important job of engine break in.

Within 20 minutes we are at the Chuckanut Drive and a prettier ride in to the restaurant could not be imagined; 20 minutes of beautiful windy roads, sun over the Pacific etc etc.

One side note on the way in (3 ish in the afternoon) a stupid forest rat is roadside and begins his walk of death towards me just as I pass him. I cannot believe all the deer out already.

A delightful dinner - Susan had the Ahi Tuna Appetizer, Grilled Fresh Halibut
    peanut & peppercorn crust and Cheesecake of the Day for desert. I began Dineer with the Alaska King Crab Stack, the Halibut for my Entree and for desert the Apple Tart Tatin (warm upside down caramelized French apple cake, vanilla bean ice cream)

Now this is a pretty decent restaurant and we we welcomed in our riding gear and given a primo table with a gorgeous view.

The ride home was uneventful a squid - white sweat shirt with a delightful plumbers butt followed us for about 10 miles ( we were riding 15 mph over) then the testosterone cut in and he went squidly and blew buy us at slightly over the pound.

On a happier note we saw a freshly killed doe on I-5 about 10 miles north of Bellingham WA.

The border was again a simple stop and go and we were home in time for West Wing

Total miles 150

Total smiles priceless.

The Spare V-1 is going on the FJR
    Last edited by bill; 04-24-2006 at 08:14 AM.
    BCSB had mountains of experience with a lot of things. #1 on that list is pouring out bullshit to dumb questions by the Gigabyte. (TripleTime, 12-10-2014 03:19 PM)