May Is Motorcycle Awareness Month!

Thread: May Is Motorcycle Awareness Month!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    n/a

May Is Motorcycle Awareness Month!

BCCOM has teamed up with TransLink once again and they will be running our annual "LOOK......motorcyclists should be seen not hurt!" on busboards in the Lower Mainland, which they generously donate to us each year. If you would like to offer any feedback you can find their contact information at: http://www.translink.bc.ca/About_Tra...Us/default.asp

We have also been collaborating with ICBC to bring back their motorcycle safety and awareness campaign, to remind motorists that motorcycles are back on the road and reduce motorcycle casualties. ICBC is placing advertising in the province's major and community newspapers. A PSA has been provided to all radio stations in BC.

A motorcycle safety section has also been added to www.icbc.com and will be live May 1. Visitors can view campaign materials, safety tips, and useful statistics on motorcycles in BC. Additional information will be added throughout the year.

If you would like to offer any feedback you can find their contact information at: http://www.icbc.com/help/contact.asp

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    Are the bumper stickers for you car still available. Is there different designs or a more updated one available?

Great to see icky bicky promoting motorcycle safety again.

fulltimes
    (In Victoria at least..) It's also motorcycle targetting month for the cops.. extra attention on catching speeding/reckless riders.. read it in the paper a couple weeks ago.. watch out now

GunMetal
    Sweet!, but i dont like how cops keep on looking at me really hard everytime I pass by them. Oh well i guess its another reason to keep it slow and to live till next season.

Be safe guys

Registered User Array NapoleanInRags's Avatar
    Bike
    2016 Aprilia Shiver 750
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCOM
    BCCOM has teamed up with TransLink once again and they will be running our annual "LOOK......motorcyclists should be seen not hurt!" on busboards in the Lower Mainland, which they generously donate to us each year.

We have also been collaborating with ICBC to bring back their motorcycle safety and awareness campaign, to remind motorists that motorcycles are back on the road and reduce motorcycle casualties.
    Your efforts to increase motorcycle safety in the province is greatly appreciated! Reminds me, I need to renew my membership.

damn broken leg!!!!!!! Array gixxer_76's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 KX250 Ripper!!!!
    I sent my thanks (no sarcasm) to the link provided. Thanks for all your work guys!
    Just like a twig, your leg will snap if you smash it into a wall with a 400 Lb bike @ 100+ Km/h. So just don't do it!

http://www.saveonwheelrepair.com

Bike
    It's nice to see
    "Watch for motorcycles"
    on the electronic message boards on the freeway

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    Quote Originally Posted by fulltimes
    (In Victoria at least..) It's also motorcycle targetting month for the cops.. extra attention on catching speeding/reckless riders.. read it in the paper a couple weeks ago.. watch out now
    I thought this was every month in Victoria...

Bike
    Don't Ride
    Anyone know what the ICBC link mentioned in the original post is? I've searched and cannot find it. Would be nice to have to post it on my web site too....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TrafficCop View Post
    Anyone know what the ICBC link mentioned in the original post is? I've searched and cannot find it. Would be nice to have to post it on my web site too....

You just revived a 4 year old thread.
    ICBC must have updated their website since 2006
    R.I.P #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010)
    R.I.P. #58 Marco Simoncelli (January 20, 1987 – October 23, 2011)

Don't be stupid. Array Sikorsky's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM
    Lol!!!!
    The difference between you and me .........

Bike
    2006 Honda 919 - Hornet
    Also mental health awareness month

any connection?
    "Aw fuck what the hell have I done!!!! Fuck me that's going to be hell hard to keep on top of wtf is going on!!!"