BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Photochromic Visors

7K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  beanz 
#1 ·
Look whats coming out!!

They are fully dark at 1 min 30 sec. Full dark Shoei visor on left, dark photochromic in middle and light photochromic on right.

5 seconds:

30 seconds:

1 min 30 sec:

Without paper:

See less See more
#3 ·
Its from a small company named Akuma. AKUMA is a name brand owned by the Company Integrated Helmet Technology Corp.

Supposedly they tried to market the idea to the big helmet companies but all of them bailed out on the idea.

I read that they might only sell the visor through their own line of helmets though.

#4 ·
Can't really trust their line of helmets since they're brand new but they look somewhat nice.

TZRaceR6 said:
Here is the next helmet from IHT now the Akuma helmets that come with photochromic visors. Next helmet to be painted will be the Fighter Jet theme. These will be available shortly for those interested at $300. Can come with the LED halo effect as well for night riding.

#5 ·
Its a little poser'ish with the leds in the vents.

TZRaceR6 said:
Okay, IHT now has the Werewolf helmet available for sale, but will be limited to 10 people on this board. The helmet will come with Photochromic visor (tints during the day and goes clear in very cloudy conditions or at night), LED lights that recharge for the Halo effect while night riding, removable washable liner and the graphic seen here. Helmet shipped to your door is $300. If you are interested please PM me, as we need sizes for those interested.

The bull head logo on the front will not be there.

Sorry for the poor image quality. The pics were taken with too much flash!

TZRaceR6 said:
IHT is finishing off the paint for the first helmet via Mike Lavelle at Killer Paint in Seattle. This is the Werewolf theme. Will have a fighter jet theme, blue tru fire theme (via Killerpaint.com) and a few others. As soon as the helmets finish paint, they then go in for water marking to reproduce the graphics, then onto final helmets for sale. Should be priced within the $300-$350 range.
Of course these helmets will come standard with photochromic visors, LED Halo effect should you desire it for night riding, and a few other bits.
Just wanted to get your take on the first graphic. Also note this is before clear coat.

#6 ·
This thread just blew my mind. Last night I was talking with a buddy about how cool it would be if they made visors that tint in the sun and go clear at night, now I wake up and see this...so weird. I hope you can get them for shoei helmets cause I just ordered an rf-1000 and I'm gonna have to get a tinted visor anyway.

#7 ·
JHinds said:
This thread just blew my mind. Last night I was talking with a buddy about how cool it would be if they made visors that tint in the sun and go clear at night, now I wake up and see this...so weird. I hope you can get them for shoei helmets cause I just ordered an rf-1000 and I'm gonna have to get a tinted visor anyway.
yeah you can get em,

is this what you are referring to?

They didn't really like them.

#9 ·
Bradnailer...I was reffering to the ones that beanz posted above. not sure if they're the same as the ones in your link.

Bobkn...I was just thinking that same thing looking at them, doesnt seem dark enough I'd probably have to just get a normal dark tinted screen. It would be nice if they tinted dark enough and you never had to change your screen for night riding but whatever

#10 ·
Its still has a way to go before I would ever give up 2 visors. Its great for the ride in the afternoon that may go into the evening, but since an extra visor is so easy to carry (body conforming), and cheaper probably too, this doesent make much sense.

I like the LED in the helmet idea though. Sort of like running lights.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.