which dealership to buy a new Honda
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: which dealership to buy a new Honda

which dealership to buy a new Honda

Hi! I'm looking at a new 2005 CBR 600rr.

A friend a bought a new bike from RMS from last year and said that he would never buy from there again. I read some of the posts concerning Carter.

Can you guys recommend other dealerships?

2. Remove Advertisements

Your moms room
    2002 CBR F4i Gloss/Flat Black
    good man

welcome to the honda boys lol

i think carter honda is good... i belive
    My Gallery
    "why is the worlds intelligents declineing?"

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    - unknown
    I bought my '02 F4i @ Burnaby Honda and it was mostly over the phone other then signing the papers and picking up the bike. Good experience other then I didn't get a full tank of gas
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

dirt pig
    no idea...The one that has the model you want at a reasonable price?
    "Shoot to thrill play to kill
    Too many women too many pills"

Red the Dog
    granville island carter has always treated me really good with my bikes gear etcetcetc.

'05 RC51
    I bought my RC51 from Honda Centre in Burnaby (Boundary and 1st Ave.). Good guys to deal with - no BS - and Alex in the parts department is great.

vancouver west
    Raven yammi
    honda center is the way to go .... carter at granville.... nah.... its only good for parts .....

Registered User Array
    downtown Vancouver
    Ducati S2R
    I agree the Honda Centre is great. My boyfriend has bought two brand new Hondas, one from Carter Honda in Coquitlam in 2002 and one from the Honda Centre in 2005. Carter Honda gave an okay price, but we had a horrible experience with the financing -- they forced us to pay a $1000+ "insurance" fee on the loan, saying they don't give out loans without this insurance, but when we took home the paperwork and read all the fine print we found out the insurance was actually optional (it was insurance to pay off the loan if you die, which we already thought was a bit weird and definitely weren't interested in buying it). We cancelled the insurance and got our money back, but it was enough to make us never go back. We felt lied to (and were!) The lady who dealt with our financing and forced us to buy this insurance shall remain nameless, but she no longer works there, she now works at Pacific Yamaha.

When he bought his second Honda, he called around to all the dealerships and the Honda Centre offered him a price $500 cheaper than any of the other dealers. It's a tiny little dealership and they don't stock many bikes, but if you already know what you want and are just working on getting a good price, I'd suggest checking them out.

Team Squampton Mascott Array atr911's Avatar
    I've bought twice from Carter coquitlam and had pretty good experiences both times. It's not really where you buy from but rather the after sales service that you wanna look at and I'd trust my bike to the guys at Carter Coquitlam anyday.

Prices won't be much different because of the time of year and such. Try and get a break on PDI + Doc, that's where the gravey is for them!
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Still defying gravity... Array Thumper 8's Avatar
    3 and 6 cylinders of fury
    Bought mine at Richmond MS - good price (better than Carter GI) and similar price to Honda Centre but RMS cut me an awesome deal on gear (Shoei helmet, gloves and JR boots) that Honda Centre and Carter couldn't match - anyone else miss Rob Goth?? Carter GI can be a good deal when they are having a sale. If you need gear, see what kind of deal you can cut for bike and gear - good luck!

aka Tony

My WMRC/Pitt Meadows and other bike photos are at Thumphoto.com - follow on Twitter and connect on Facebook

Registered User Array scubaphil's Avatar
    99 R6
    RMS isn't the best, i would go carter for honda,
    Ducati you pretty much have to go to RMS
    yamaha, NEVER go to vancouver yamaha
    If jack helped you off a horse would you help jack off a horse??

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

2004 CRF450
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 8
    anyone else miss Rob Goth??
    He's still around, just pimping helmets these days for M2R.

damn broken leg!!!!!!! Array gixxer_76's Avatar
    2007 KX250 Ripper!!!!
    How is M2R's road going helmet this year? I heard they were coming out with a good "top of the line' model. Last years attempts were a joke (for racing at least) and the reps said they would have a MUCH better model this year.

If been looking at M2R dirtbike lids. They seem pretty good.
    Just like a twig, your leg will snap if you smash it into a wall with a 400 Lb bike @ 100+ Km/h. So just don't do it!

No bike for now... Array Betamax's Avatar
    Honda Civic
    I've bought a couple bikes from RMS, they always seemed ready to make a deal, but I prefer Honda Centre - especially for service.

Registered User Array kamen rider's Avatar
    Area 604
    Honda Center. Alex in parts and service is great to deal with! He dropped by to check on my bike once after he finished work with a flatbed truck but fixed the problem on the spot. He didn't have to take my bike in.... no charge either!