lowering 05 600rr

Thread: lowering 05 600rr

Registered User Array
    Prince George
    2006 Ninja 636

lowering 05 600rr

Will be getting my 05 600rr from Blackfoot by the end of the week. Its about an inch or two too tall for me, as I can just touch the ground on my tippy toes on both sides. Is there any way that I can lower it without buying the lowering link, or would that be my best route to go? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Go to a shoemaker and add 2 inches to the bottom of your boots.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Hve the saddle trimmed thinner and more narrow and then re-do the covering. Only then if you need it should you look at lowering the bike.

The ONLY way to lower the suspension without totally ruining the handling is the lowering link for the rear. Assuming you get the adjustable version lower it only up to about 1 inch. Any more than that and you'll compromise the geometry of the rear link. Also if you lower it any more than that then you run the risk of the lowered forks in the front jamming the fender up against the fairing.

And if the brake lines use the joiner manifold with connectors down by the lower triple clamp then you may also need to get separate accessory brake lines to eliminate that connector block and the connectors that stick down since the fender may come close enough to them to kink the brake lines. Yes, you need to lower the front the same amount as the rear to maintain the proper geometry and handling feel.

And finally you'll also need to get the side stand cut down and re-welded so the bike leans properly on the stand.

So you see there's more to it than you think at first.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

2005 CBR 600RR
    Bring it in, lowering links are only $89

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    He's up in PG, Bill. A bit far to go!
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.