There's crazies everywhere.....

Thread: There's crazies everywhere.....

Under the radar. Hopefully.
    Honda. Still. Again.

There's crazies everywhere.....

Los Gatos trio arrested in assault on dirt biker
    Suzanne Herel, Chronicle Staff Writer
    Wednesday, May 17, 2006

(05-17) 10:38 PDT LOS GATOS - Three Los Gatos residents have been arrested after they allegedly strung a rope across a road and pulled it taut when a dirt biker approached, causing the rider to be thrown off his motorcycle and sustain serious injuries, according to the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office.

On May 16, deputies arrested Donald Bryant, 62, Donna Olsen, 46, and Edward Anderson, 48, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon and battery with serious bodily injury.

The incident occurred around 8 p.m. on May 6, when a group of dirt bikers was returning home from a ride in the hills along Loma Chiquita Road, said sheriff spokesman Deputy Serg Palanov.

Bryant, Olsen and Anderson had tied a rope to a tree on one side of the road and waited in bushes on the other side, he said.

When the first rider approached the rope traveling at about 20- to 25 mph, the suspects allegedly pulled the rope taut.

The rope caught the rider in the jaw and threw him off the bike, Palanov said.

The second rider, who saw his friend lying on the ground on top of his motorcycle, slowed to about 5 mph and, as he was coming to a stop, saw the suspects pull the rope taut again.

He was able to stop in time and sustained only minor injuries from hitting the rope, Palanov said.

The first rider was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose, where he remained in a coma for five days.

He suffered severe bone damage and tissue loss and required more than 500 stitches and titanium plates inserted in his face

2. Remove Advertisements

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    But do the titanium plates come in carbon fiber?

Happy Camper Array BlackScorpion's Avatar
    Purgasurrey Sportbike: GSX-R750, 2001 F4i, 2002 RM-9, 2003 Derbi SuperMoto Xtreme Posts:1,000,016!!
    GSX-R750, 2001 F4i, 2002 RM-9 Posts:1,000,012!!
    Holy crap! What kind of retards do that? And to try and do it a second time? These weren't kids pulling a prank, they're folks in their 40s and 60s.

Sounds like they've been watching too many Wile E. Coyote cartoons. I wonder if the rider was wearing a full-face helmet, if any at all?
    Team Troll
    "Happy New Ear!" - Mike Tyson.

Devil's Advocate Array RoadBlur's Avatar
    The slums of new west
    Suzuki XV 2182
    They tried to pull the rope tight again officer, I swerved to try and save myself and accidentally ran both of them over in such a way that my tire was spinning on their faces while I made the 911 call.
    -=Graduate: Dragon Driving School=-

Raise your pitch forks in the air, shake 'em like ya just don't care!

Black on black crime Array Iceman_19's Avatar
    Kelowna, BC
    2000 Yamaha R1
    They are freakin lucky the guys didnt beat them to death. The gaul of some people.
    2000 Yamaha R1 - Back in black!

CBR600 & CR250R
    I would have strung all 3 of them up on that rope

Federal Protection Array shadow's Avatar
    Gixxa K5/1000
    People are REALLY stupid..........

Hmmmm..... I don't like bikers riding up my road/backyard....whatever.... so lets see if we can stop them by being SMRT.
    God invented Litre Class so everybody would have a chance to chase some tail!