Riders = organ donors?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Riders = organ donors?

Port Coquitlam
    97 Thunderace (sold!), 91 F2 track bike, 04 600RR track bike

Riders = organ donors?

So I got my new combined class 5 & 6 license in the mail yesterday. You know what else was in the envelope? An application form to become an organ donor.
    At first I was pretty pissed, it looked to me as if ICBC considers every motorcyclist as a potential organ donor.
    Then, after thinking about it for a while, I wasn't so mad any more, and I am seriously thinking about registering.
    What do you guys think? Anyone a registered donor? What were your motives when you signed up?
    Last edited by GerMan; 05-18-2006 at 10:38 PM.
    Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

2. Remove Advertisements

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    SV 1000s
    lol....as I was about to type this, a rider goes by (on kingsway) at around 100 kph....the irony

There is not a whole lot I can worry about it once I die...if I can save someone else, consider it re-use of my healthy body part!

Thanks for that... Array Miguel's Avatar
    I'm a donor. My parents always had me as one. I don't see why not, won't bother me, I'll be dead anyway. If I can give someone the gift of life again, why the hell not!

the PAGO-trike
    I got the same thing as well when I got my new licence. Is that something they usually hand out to us riders?

I ride; therefore I am.

Ya i got it too, im scared to sign up cause it feels like to me i am accepting that i might die young. Screw that i aint dieing young! im especially not gona die on my bike. So no kid you cant have my kidney! But when the make a wish foundation comes by ask if they can get you to ride on the back of a bike.

Registered User Array
    Richmond, BC
    that's what my sister who's a surgeon called me when she found out I was getting a motorcycle

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    "the Koots"
    a few toys
    Why not recycle our body parts, we won't need them when we're dead! I think they probably give that info. out to all the new licencees, since they changed the organ donor sign-up method.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Registered User Array fish_antlers's Avatar
    I be;ieve everyone gets those, not just motorcyclists.

Registered User Array ApatheticEnd's Avatar
    05 CBR600RR
    You are much more likely to need an organ than to donate one....food for thought....it's a fact.

Why not?

I do all my own stunts Array boarder's Avatar
    only 1 bike now, '02 gsxr750
    the sticker doesn't work anymore, damn i need to fill out the form. Offering to save someone elses life isn't giving in to the fact that you're going to die young..give you're head a shake. Are you really going to use your organs?? Think about what it'll mean to the person's life you'll save, the impact that you can make after you die will rival anything you've done when you were alive.

Leave my face so my relatives have something to look at, but if I'm dead, they can do whatever they want to me
    anyone wanna lend me a bike ?

Maple Ridge
    2007 GSX-R750
    I am an organ donor...as said above, who needs their organs when they're dead. If I can save someone else's life, I'm all for it.
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

2005 636
    If they can find any worth harvesting they’re welcome to them… But copious amounts of alcohol and treating my body like an amusement park for years may make it challenging.

Me thinks you can sign away your organs right here http://www.transplant.bc.ca/ (seems to be down right now).

dirt pig
    I am a donor...I think it would be very cool to help someone out like that. I just hope they don't need my liver...lungs..heart....lol I have put a few rough miles on them!
    "Shoot to thrill play to kill
    Too many women too many pills"

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    I think everyone should become an organ donor. What are you going to do with 'em once you're dead?
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

CBR600F4i SOLD!
    Quote Originally Posted by GunMetal
    Ya i got it too, im scared to sign up cause it feels like to me i am accepting that i might die young. Screw that i aint dieing young! im especially not gona die on my bike. So no kid you cant have my kidney! But when the make a wish foundation comes by ask if they can get you to ride on the back of a bike.
    hey there's a real shortage of organ donors so their just trying to get everyone to join in on the program. Donors are old and young they don't care.

What if you're the one that NEEDs the kidney or you will die?
    My Photo Gallery!

R.I.P. Danimal