Procrastination... do as I say and not as I do...

Thread: Procrastination... do as I say and not as I do...

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,

Procrastination... do as I say and not as I do...

I just came in from preping the bike for tomorrow's event. But it's going to be a no show for my bike I'm afraid. It was all going well until I flushed the brakes. As part of my flushing practice I like to pump the pistons partway out to get a feel for how smoothly they are working and also to help encourage the fresh fluid to run up the narrow gap between the pistons and cylinder walls. Well after a couple of times it seems that I still have two VERY stiff and tight piston seals. Normally any stiffness frees up nicely with a bit of massaging. Even the two that are more free are quite stiff. This explains why my old pads have a lot of wedge shape to them.

Looks like I need a new set of seals and a full system rebuild. Anyone know where to get honda brake rebuild kits on a Sunday?.....

Anyhow I guess I'm not going to be on a bike tomorrow. No way I want to be out there on brakes that are questionable.

The moral of this story is don't leave everything until the last minute just becuase you got away with it last time......
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

2. Remove Advertisements

Posing with conviction Array heisenberg9's Avatar
    anyone I can lean against
    You can still do Starbucks on one of your other rides can't you?