Rider height and sportbike type

Thread: Rider height and sportbike type

Kris88

Rider height and sportbike type

anyone 6' and over on a gsxr

i found a 97 gsxr 750 for a good deal but i am 6'4. anyone else tall with experience on a bike like this

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2007 GSX-R750
    I am 6'2" and I ride an '03 GSXR750, no problems fitting on it whatsoever.
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

Bike
    5'11"
    Suzuki TL1000s
    Great fit.

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    The worst that'll happen if you're tall on a bike is that your legs will find themselves riding up on the ridge of the tank around the hollows where your knees are supposed to fit. Some folks find this annoying and others don't mind it. The only other thing is that on some bikes the crouch combined with the seat to footpeg distance may make it so that you have trouble bending your leg up into the squat angle required to put your foot on the peg. Having a Holiday Meal Middle Bulge often makes pulling up your leg more difficult.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    05 CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris88
    anyone 6' and over on a gsxr

i found a 97 gsxr 750 for a good deal but i am 6'4. anyone else tall with experience on a bike like this

Thanks

i'm 6'5 and ride a cbr 600RR. i find suzuki bikes the gas tank hits your knees and hondas and kawi's are best for tall people... haven't tried a yamaha yet though. tried the 750 and i personally didn't find it comfortable. the higher CC doesn't mean its a larger bike... maybe at most an inch which you won't notice anyways

Registered User Array
    Bike
    1997 gsxr 600
    6'4" and just sold a 97 gsxr 600. fit well. no probs. its better to be too tall than too short on a bike. you're way less likely to drop it and you will have less weight on your wrists. get a double bubble windscreen.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    I love being average height and weight. Everything fits.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Bike
    '99 VFR800, '77 RD400
    I'm 6,4 tried the GSXR 600, didn't feel right, too small, felt like a shriner in the May Day parade, find that Hondas fit well though, have a VFR800.

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    Also being 6-4......I found the seat-peg distances on a lot of "BIG" bikes, like the Haybus, are less than some of the smaller 600s...for example the Seat-Peg distance on my old VTR1000 was LESS than a F4i.....which made for some uncomfotable long jaunts. I do have a short torso, so everything above the waist fits fine.