Practicality of a new pipe

View Poll Results: Mrs. islandgixxer poll

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shiny stock pipe currently on bike

21 24.71%
  • Shiny stock pipe currently on bike with drilled holes to make it sound mean

4 4.71%
  • New pipe with the family eating Kraft Dinner and I don't have to put out for the next 42 months

60 70.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practicality of a new pipe

islandgixxer

Practicality of a new pipe

This is a poll from Mrs. islandgixxer.

Mr. islandgixxer and I have been in numerous discussions in regards to a new pipe for his BRAND NEW GSXR1000. (please keep in mind the bike came with a shiny new stock pipe) He whines about a new pipe more than our 3 kids do about going to bed early. Without him paying any of you, what are your comments.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Geo
    It's a safety thing, she doesn't want you get run over, does she?

islandgixxer
    I tried to tell her it is all about safety.

Hey can I vote on this poll too?

'your headlight is out..' Array MaRR's Avatar
    Bike
    SP1
    you can't put a price on happiness...

plus...there's nothing wrong with KD

Bike
    It is a safety issue. And besides, kids love KD. And to add to that, you guys are married, you probably don't have sex that much anyways... j/k
    Rage. Its my drug of choice.

puttputt
    pipe baby, pipe!!! its not just a guy thing.....its a safety issue (tee hee)

to mrs islandgixxer: a bike is an extention of our penises. a pipe would make our bikes better....see the connection?
    Last edited by puttputt; 09-25-2002 at 06:53 PM.

islandgixxer
    Originally posted by Mischa
    It is a safety issue. And besides, kids love KD. And to add to that, you guys are married, you probably don't have sex that much anyways... j/k

Maybe I should have put this in the womens forum.

islandgixxer
    I now have this lunatic dancing around the house everytime he looks at the poll results - thanks guys!!

p.s. What's wrong with drilling holes in your pipe if all you want is a bit of noise??

James
    Originally posted by islandgixxer
    I now have this lunatic dancing around the house everytime he looks at the poll results - thanks guys!!

p.s. What's wrong with drilling holes in your pipe if all you want is a bit of noise??
    Nothing at all

Bike
    k7 gsxr 600
    Originally posted by islandgixxer
    It's perfectly fine. Just like carrying rolls of toonies in my pocket wherever I go.
    BCSB- Moderator

Darrell262
    Not the same. stock cans are big and usually ugly (even the shiny ones) Need a loud pipe so cars hear him come and go. Better be loud then cut off.

Plus your kids will love the new shiny'er loud pipe, they will goto s school telling their friends how much cooler their dad is because his sportbike is loud and sounds cool. And how much their mom loves em for cooking them KD alot.

(I love the stuff) just never have milk around to make the stuff

Also, if some one trys to start the bike to steal it you'll hear it right away and be able to jump out of bed and nab the guys.

dn
    I think you should take your wife on a nice vacation, leave the kids at home and forget the pipe!

<duck>

-dn

islandgixxer
    Originally posted by dn
    I think you should take your wife on a nice vacation, leave the kids at home and forget the pipe!

<duck>

-dn
    One less person to leave in my will.

Devil's Advocate Array RoadBlur's Avatar
    Bike
    Suzuki XV 2182
    Total judgement call, I can think of lots of negatives and positives.. well here (IMHO):

bad:
    -expensive
    -could necessitate tuning sometimes, this can be a bad thing if you don't like doing that sorta thing or require $$$ to get somebody else to do it
    -could fail aircare if they change the bike rules
    -could get you a noise ticket if you buy one that is above the dB limit
    -less restriction can mean rougher bottom end, probably less smooth in gridlock traffic

good:
    -could necessitate tuning sometimes, this can be a good thing if you enjoy doing that, imho its a fun part of our hobby
    -stockers are ugly and fat!
    -looks WAY better (bling!)
    -personalizing a bike is important for ego, high strut factor, pride!
    -adds power, can make a lot of difference depending on the bike
    -sound nice (impresses kids, and g.. wives!)
    -sounds loud, increasing visibility (****SAFETY****) to otherwise oblivious old people and soccer moms (of ANY RACE)
    -=Graduate: Dragon Driving School=-

Raise your pitch forks in the air, shake 'em like ya just don't care!

islandgixxer
    Oh you guys.... first it was "you're the best ever for getting me a new bike" now it's "you'll be the best if I get a new pipe" it's never going to end - I'LL NEVER BE THE BEST!!

It's awesome to get imput from you guys - I don't know what to believe from Mr. Island Gixxer. When he wanted leathers, he talked about safety, etc., then we went into the bike store to order them and I asked the guy there why Len should get boots to match too (Len told me they were for safety) and they guys said "you look gay wearing runners with leathers".

Also, if he starts "personalizing" his bike, I am going to be stuck riding the big, heavy, ugly, ancient Katana that's sitting in the garage because we'll have NO money for me to buy a new bike with a shiny new STOCK pipe next year!

I think he can get the pipe, and I'll get a Ducati next year!