Icon Ladies Tuscadero Leather Jacket

Thread: Icon Ladies Tuscadero Leather Jacket

Bike
    SV 650S

Icon Ladies Tuscadero Leather Jacket

Sorry for another jacket thread, but this one is a little more specific..

Any ladies have this jacket? What are your opinions/experiences with this jacket? It's so far the only leather we (my gf and I) have been able to find small enough to fit her (She fits XS / Sz 0-2) most sufficiently and correctly..

The jacket is thick as hell, but would personally like to know if there are any positive/negative comments regarding this jacket otherwise...

We've tried on the smallest AStar Dyno jacket (sz 2) and it was "poofy" in the chest, slightly long on the arms and the Venom from Teknic was too big in their smallest size (sz 4).. Shift gear is not small enough... The Trixie jacket, again... a tad too big..

Myth has it that AStar does produce sz 0 but I've yet to see or find one..

Therefore, it looks like this Icon jacket may be the way to go depending on people's experiences.. Hence, my inquiry..

Thanks in advance ladies!
    Last edited by JaK; 06-04-2006 at 06:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2000 GSX-R 600
    I just bought this jacket in the same size, and aside from a Suomy I tried at the Granville Carter (check to see if they still have it, but it is pricy), it's the best fitting jacket I've been able to find. I bought the same size, and the only complaints I really have are: that it's a bit uncomfortable when the liner is in and I try to layer (Means I can't get as warm when riding in gross conditions), and that it's quite stiff as I am breaking it in - it chafes my elbow a tiny bit after riding for a long time, and it takes a bit of effort to make the arms bend as much as I'd like.

Other than those things, I like it very much. It fits very well, which, as you know, is a rare and important thing. I would not hesitate to recommend it.

genmak
    I got the jacket in small and black after trying on everything they have at carter-granville. Rode it up to whistler yesterday(first ride of the season on new (to me) bike!) its great. Didn't feel cumbersome despite the fact that its super thick. It is a bit stiff around the neck area. I might just kneed it a bit till it loosens up. That and it looks pretty damn good and who can fault that?

Bike
    SV 650S
    Thanks to the both of you for your comments... Yes, I'm leaning more and more to this jacket... However, I'm also considering looking for a used 2 pc as i know the jacket on a 2pc usually fits smaller by itself to accomodate the pants to jacket zipper connection..

But insofar as a jacket by itself, it's still the only thing we've been able to find...

Other than the initial stiffness, it's otherwise a nice jacket, huh?

Perhaps a stupid question:.. They describe the leather being a "chassis" make.. Chassis? Any you know what that it is? Any leather experts here?