Wow, my shitty experience buying furniture at EQ3

Thread: Wow, my shitty experience buying furniture at EQ3

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Bike
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle

Wow, my shitty experience buying furniture at EQ3

EQ3 is a chain furniture store throughout North America that's basically one step above IKEA, but not quite the level of expensive designer furniture - kind of budget designer furniture.

Anyhow, I bought a bunch of lamps and chairs for the new studio at EQ3. They didn't inform me that they didn't actually have stock of the items I bought until after I ran my credit card. They said all the items would be in, in about a week. 3 weeks later, the items I purchased actually arrived, all be it, one of the lamps was faulty. Whatever, right? Small inconvenience but I felt that it was a little underhanded to take my money first, and then inform me that they were out of stock. The only reason I agreed to wait was that our studio was still a month out from opening, so it wasn't a panic.

At the same time, I decided to order a leather couch and a suede chair for the waiting room of the studio. Quite beautiful furniture but the price was pretty up there for EQ3 with about $3000 for both pieces. They informed me that it would take about 6 to 8 weeks for the furniture to be built and then delivered.

8 weeks seemed excessive, as I've bought designer furniture before and had delivery in under 3 weeks.

Flash forward 10 weeks and my furniture is still not here, although we've been operating for a month without proper seating in our waiting area. I call and I call to bug them and finally, they say my order has arrived and I can expect delivery to the studio on Wednesday, June 7th.

I get a call this afternoon and they tell me that there was a shipping mistake and my furniture hasn't arrived and there will be no delivery. So it's been 10 weeks and no furniture in sight, and possibly no furniture even made for us.

So, draw your own conclusions before deciding to step into EQ3 to purchase anything.

Vent over.

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    Bike
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole
    respek, call teh BBB
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit Asphaltjunkiez.com
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoodles
    I get a call this afternoon and they tell me that there was a shipping mistake and my furniture hasn't arrived and there will be no delivery. So it's been 10
    Vent over.

Sounds like when I ordered my blinds from Home Depot so they'd be here before I moved in. They told me it's usually 2 weeks but could be ask long as 6. To be on the safe side I ordered them 10 weeks early, they didn't arrive until until I had already been living in my place for two weeks. You have to be angry, I know I was.

I'll never forget the argument with the manager, when half my blinds had come in but he wanted to wait another two weeks for the other half to come in before installing to save the store on installation fees. At one point he say's something like are you telling me how to do my job and I replied with someone has to because you obviously don't have a clue.....I seriously thought he was going to come over the counter he was almost as mad as I was. Hope you get it sorted out.

Church doors are always open to whoever wants to enter, but they're only open to those who are willing to be sheep. The service of God is really service to those self-proclaimed holy men who hold the franchise. Accumulating material grandeur is the goal, not the improvement of the people's lives. Independent thought is discouraged. Raising the individual up is not part of the plan; keeping the flock docile, distracted, and deluded is what it's all about.
    -Joshua Armstrong

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasi
    I seriously thought he was going to come over the counter he was almost as mad as I was.
    That sounds like it would have been fun. You could probably have gotten the blinds for free if you offered to drop the assault charges.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    "build on demand"

This is the result of internet shopping and everyone demanding the lowest prices possible.

Gone are the days of people walking into a show room and saying "I'll take it" and it gets delivered the next day. I recently purchased furniture (well the wife did) and it was as above. We walked in, though the price was fair, haggled for no tax and it was delivered the next day. Nice fancy designer stuff too.

The world is a changin' boys, I'm sure your furniture is on a boat from China right now and you'll get it in time for Labour Day.

Bike
    bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Quasi
    Sounds like when I ordered my blinds from Home Depot so they'd be here before I moved in. They told me it's usually 2 weeks but could be ask long as 6. To be on the safe side I ordered them 10 weeks early, they didn't arrive until until I had already been living in my place for two weeks. You have to be angry, I know I was.

I'll never forget the argument with the manager, when half my blinds had come in but he wanted to wait another two weeks for the other half to come in before installing to save the store on installation fees. At one point he say's something like are you telling me how to do my job and I replied with someone has to because you obviously don't have a clue.....I seriously thought he was going to come over the counter he was almost as mad as I was. Hope you get it sorted out.
    lol I am sure there is a hatehomedepot.com forum somewhere. I would rehash the story about my double door installations and how they took 4 monthes to finally get them installed...but it exhausts me just thinking about that horrible dramatic cluster-fuk place.
    Too sexy for this forum.

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    If it helps, Adam... sounds like yer space is gonna be great when it comes together. I want a tattoo but it seems all the shops look like they also do abortions in the back-room ...so when I'm ready I'll drop by your place and contribute to the cost of your new furniture. PM me the address (or post it here so we can all help pay for your new stuff).

PS: For others looking for cool furniture, I'd recommend Van Gogh [sp?] Designs here in Vancouver. I spotted a couch & chair I liked at another store with a sticker price of $12,000 [yah, right ] ...so instead I drew a pic of what I wanted and then had it custom-built at Van Gogh for $3500. It's now 5 years old and still holding up like new.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Ouch, brutal! I just bought a bed from there - they had it in stock, so it wasn't a problem. But I was planning on buying other stuff from there too (namely a couch, and kitchen table/chairs) because I really liked the look of a lot of their stuff. You've made me think twice...if they don't have it in stock, and ready for me to take home, I may pass...
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Bike
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    Jeezus! Now I get a call from EQ3 saying that they indeed DID receive my furniture WEEKS ago, but do to a clerical error, the store was never informed and it was never catalogued into their system.

Snakes on a Plane!

Bike
    Inbetween bikes now. Thanks for bringing up bad feelings.
    Glad to hear you are getting your furniture. First time my wife and I bought a bedroom suite we went shopping all over. We found Pinetree Furniture in Richmond and liked what they had.

Solid pine furniture, well built and well priced. We paid for the suite in full with cash and was told it would be about 12 weeks. No problem since we were use to sleeping on the floor anyways.

10 weeks goes by and my wife calls to see if they are on schedule and they say they are. They even gave us a delivery date.

Day before delivery I'm watching the news and the furniture company was locking it's doors. They went belly-up and didn't tell their employees or anyone. The next day we go down to the store and it's locked up with a sign saying they were filing for bankrupcy. Just as we were leaving, the bailiff arrived with a locksmith. They came to get into the store, sieze the assets in the store and change the locks.

Well we got squat at the time out of all of that except a receipt we paid $1700 for. After the fact, we got a lot of advice to never pay in full for anything on order.

We framed the receipt for a while and it took us almost 3 more years to get our bedroom suite.

Ah, good times.
    Life is an STD with no cure and 100% fatality rate.

Bike
    I wish.
    omg snakes on a train!

I read every post in this thread. And the stand out line was 'snakes on a plane'.

*claps
    BCSB- Administrator

More than meets the eye Array Pvt. BLOGGINS's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 Katana 750, 1992 GS500
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium
    omg snakes on a train!

I read every post in this thread. And the stand out line was 'snakes on a plane'.

*claps
    Agreed.... Line of the week