What do you think constitutes 'ricing out' a sportbike? I mean, what's the sportbike equivelant of the '93 Civic with coffee can exhaust, VTEC stickers, Supra spoiler and 14" rims (with 45 series rubber, and a huge gap in the wheel-well ).
This is just my opinion, so fuck you if you don't like it. If you've got this stuff done to your bike, good on ya....you just won't catch me riding it, that's all.
1) The 'bling-bling' factor. I don't like polished this and that...swingarm, frame, wheels, etc. I don't know, just looks stupid to me. Leave the chrome look for the Harleys. Dirt is my anti-bling.
2) Fake carbon fiber. Ouch! This is a big one, I don't know, I can't stand it. Engine covers, triple-tree covers, tank-protectors, you name it...it all looks cheap.
3) Trick-tape. Most of those designs they've got are just nasty, I haven't seen any good ones. I can understand buying it b/c it's cheaper than OEM stuff, if you crashed and need to repaint.
4) Drilled stock cans. If you want more noise, buy a slip-on.
5) NEON! Wow, does that ever look like shit. What are you in 11th grade? I thought that looked cool on cars when I was like 16...I never thought it looked cool on bikes.
6) Flushmounts. Okay, not really 'rice' material...but the people that have the above done, always have this mod. I prefer stock signals, but I don't have a problem with flushmounts.
Okay, that's my list. Feel free to add to it as you see fit, or feel free to flame me if I've offended you and your bike. BTW, it's usually a combination of these mods to put you in "ricer" territory.....for example, a lot of people have C/F tank protectors, but I'd hardly classify them with this group.