Taking my MST June 13!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Taking my MST June 13!

Bike
    hannspree replica double R

Taking my MST June 13!

Just a quick question on what they look for.

1. my turn signals and horn seem to be not working a times so should i just borrow my friends bike to be safe

2. what do you have to wear, i mean do they look for ankle high boots.

thanx for the tips.
    "I used to be scared to fart in case I shit myself. But once you get comfortable shitting your pants everything changes." - Slowzuki

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    DRZ-SM
    Quote Originally Posted by Defcon-1
    Just a quick question on what they look for.

1. my turn signals and horn seem to be not working a times so should i just borrow my friends bike to be safe

2. what do you have to wear, i mean do they look for ankle high boots.

thanx for the tips.
    1. They make sure everything works and you know where it is.
    2. You need a helmet. A guy a few weeks ago rode in runners, jeans, t-shirt and helmet. However, a school will require full gear (high ankle boots, etc).

;D

Spyder2 Array
    Bike
    2004 Yamaha R6

fix it or fail

I would definatly recommend you borrow your friends bike. If anything on your bike is malfunctioning you should get it fixed, its your life that depends on it. Cagers love to blame the biker why make it easy for them.

The examiner will deduct marks if he does not see your "indicators" working when they should be.

If you don't have all the right gear, you can get away with ankle length boots, Jeans and Wrangler Jacket if its a dry day. I would recommend just to go out and invest in some gear, not necessarily high end stuff. Your gonna need it anyway. Right.?

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    All of the above, plus:

If your horn and blinkers aren't working, it's possibily a simple matter of a blown fuse. Have a look. Much better to take the test on a bike you know and feel comfortable riding.

Gear: In the same way clothes make a first impression, so does gear. Show up in anything less than ankle boots and you run the risk of -unspoken- disapproval. A bad first impression could invite harsh judgement of your skill. Happens at Starbucks all the time. If you don't have -some- gear, borrow some.

Good Luck. Keep us posted.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Ratzilla
    they will check your blinker and horn beforehand..definitly get that fixed or borrow your friends

wear full gear if you own them. they want you to be safe and if they see you show up without gear, they're more likely to fail you based on the idea that you're being cocky

"Experience" THX Rogger. Array PressurePoint's Avatar
    Bike
    Its Naked
    Number 1 tip : Dont Fuck it up.

roketman
    I think the MST is a joke and any joe blow can pass it but that's just my opinion! You'll be fine!

Bike
    Well after sorting all the problems out i got the turn signals working and it turns out the horn was blown and i purchased a new one that was meant for a car (damn this this thing is loud and i like it, sounds like a train).

Thanx for the feedback, my test is at 1pm tomorrow in Squamish, wish me luck.
    "I used to be scared to fart in case I shit myself. But once you get comfortable shitting your pants everything changes." - Slowzuki

KAwa-lev
    good luck. with an ass like that <----, the instructor will gladly pass you, ^^. jk
    have fun, and be calm. always look straight, never down, unless u need to tie your shoe

Bike
    1987 Ninja 600R
    Didn't i hear someone asked an instructor what minimum gear required was and they said a helmet, and then said something about being able to take the test in a thong?

i took the mst through my course, so i dont have any tips for you...

Bike
    2007 GSX-R750
    Quote Originally Posted by roketman
    I think the MST is a joke and any joe blow can pass it but that's just my opinion! You'll be fine!
    I agree, it was a joke. You can hit 3 out of 5 cones in the slalom and still pass.
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

Bike
    Sold
    too easy
    takes 10 minutes tops
    PRS Graduate

if you're going to crash, and time stopped, and someone walked up to you and offered you more gear, would you take it?
    if you said "yes," you're not wearing enough gear.

Bike
    Blue 2008 R1

So ???

Did you pass?
    "Teach me to do it myself" Dr. Maria Montessori (1870-1952)

BCSB # 3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937. ..

Bike
    Fast and Shiny
    It's not looking good.

Bike
    Well everything went fine until the sudden stop part where i managed to lock up my rear twice and that's what failed me

Oh well i guess I'm off to Burnaby on Tuesday to do it again! Fu@k I'm dumb.

Tonight im going to drink to forget about the test.