yankee bikes

Thread: yankee bikes

yankee bikes

i was just curious as to what it would take to bring a bike across the border?would it need to be inspected before it's insured?what kind of durties and taxes are involved?just trying to weigh my options and want to know if it's worth the hassle.any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements

This is a bit of a wild goose chase, but I do recall reading SOMEWHERE on the svrider.com site a story of some guy from Canada (maybe Vancouver!) who brought in a naked SV650 from the states. I could be getting some of the details wrong, but it was definitely about the hassles involved in bringing a bike up. Might be worth doing a search on that site.

sumfing nekkid
    Check out this link....it should help.

Ride in peace my friends...

Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

WTD: Hot girls with low morals. Own transportation a plus. Sufferers of yellow fever considered first. PM/email me for details.

It really depends on what bike you are bring in. If the bike is not a registered model in Transport Canada's book, it will be tougher. But if it is something that Transport already approved, you only need to pay the 14% tax and may be a vechicle inspection. What you do is when you truck it across the border, the custom people will make you pay the 7% tax and fill out a form-B and fax it to Transport. They will then later notify you if you can register the bike. If not, they will ask you to export it and show them proof of doing so.