1995 ZX6c preformance

Thread: 1995 ZX6c preformance

The Philosopher King Array Frapps's Avatar
    North Vancouver
    83 RG250 Gamma//95Kawi ZX6

1995 ZX6c preformance

I have a 95 ZX6c (aka gpz600, aka 600r, aka the boxy one) and i like the bike alot and over the winter i wanted to do some preformance upgrades...i am already running a muzzy full exhaust system and i will be picking up some K&N air filters but i want more!!

With my old rg i picked up some larger carbs and after 1/2 a month of tuning there was a huge difference does anybody know of good replacement carbs?

Because it is the c modle i am having a hard time finding info on other possible upgrades...i looked into ohilns shocks and i can find some for the zx6r from the same year but i don't know if it would work on my zx6. I also found a website that has street legal preformance cranks but same problem they have cranks for the d, r, and e modles of my year but not the c. I am pretty much screwed then?

I am aware the best way to get more power is to buy a bigger better bike but i enjoy working on gettimg a machine to run to its full potential (on a track)

Any one with ideas would be great
    G.B. Shaw: We are made wise not by the recollection of our past but by the responsibility for our future
    Miguel Ruiz: Death is not the biggest fear we have our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive and express what we really are

2. Remove Advertisements

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    See if you can get emulators for the forks and a revalve kit for the shock.

The only sort of doable upgrade for the engine would be a bank of FCR carbs but that won't come cheap and they would need a fair amount of tuning to get them right. But they really open up the mid range and a bit on the top end. Lot's of money that you won't get back though.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.