need help with gear
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need help with gear

need new bike please Array Chiquita's Avatar
    Bike
    bike go bibi

need help with gear

Hey girls.. I need to buy some pants and a jacket but I'm not quite sure what to get. I tried on a ladies venom suit that fit pretty good (although I couldn't gain a pound otherwise it wouldn't fit anymore!) and I also tried on a ballistic jacket and pants. The jacket was okay but the pants were a bit too short. Looked like flood pants! What do you guys wear? Should I go the ballistic route or is leather better? I imagine I wouldn't be going out in the rain much though.. what do you suggest? I think I might get a good deal on the leathers because it's last season's suit but is the ladies venom suit a good one to get? Please comment.. I need alll the help I can get! Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Leather.......leather ...leather!!
    It may seem like its heavy (not to mention expensive), and its hard to imagine yourself sitting around at a cafe in your leathers, but after a while, you not only feel comfortable wearing them all the time, you actually feel naked in anything less.

As for fit, I had a very experienced salesperson fit me in mine, and when I bought it I felt like a stuffed sausage. Skin tight, I couldnt bend over. I was skeptical about the shoe store line "It's leather, it will stretch", but trust me....they stretch out alot, exspecially the pants. Even ask AliMouse
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

BBQ Squadron Member Array Dark()Knight's Avatar
    Bike
    Batcycle
    On second thought better not Alimouse...
    You know how women are about their weight. A pound here and there will make a difference in fit... but what better excuse to keep trim and lean.... The last thing you want is to have it stretch the wrong way....
    Be Happy for this moment.... This moment is your life.

It is not about Anger,
    It's about Peace.
    It is not about Power,
    It's about Grace.
    It is not about knowing your enemy,
    It's about knowing yourself.

Bike
    A blue moped with chrome muffler bearings
    Leather all the way

Bike
    bike go bibi
    Heh okay. Leather. But what is the best brand? Should I get the Venom suit to start? Or something else?
    See the stars.. they're shining bright.. everything's alright tonight..

AliMouse
    geez...no wonder my ears were itching like crazy!! X( people bad-mouthing me here!!!

chiquita: CDG is right. i would totally recommend leather. It gives you a lot better protection than the fabric...beside, like what you said, there won't be much riding in the rain. The new leathers should be skin-tight!!! as in "it's hard to put on and harder to peel them off" and they DO stretch out significantly. I got mine when I was like 13 pounds skinnier and they were already tight on me...but now, after an additional 13 pounds (Ray, don't laugh...we should really stop going to dinner/bbt right before I hit the sack), I still think my leather still fits perfectly...
    As for the choice of brand, I chose my just because I like the style (yes, I am one vain girlie!!! ), and the fact that dainese was known for its quality. I want my leather to last (afterall, it's an expensive investment!!!), and I want to be able to wear it for the track as well, so the thickness of the leather and the armor that came with it was also an important factor!!! Do a bit more research if you are still not sure. Go to the dealers to try out suits and see how you like the other brands/styles. Lemme know if you have any questions...i have some really good website links for leathers...guess that was what i'd been doing not going to class!!

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    As with most everything in the world, you get what you pay for. AliMouse is right. Spend the money now and get something good instead of cheaping out a bit, only to regret having to buy another set in a few years.
    Cheers,
    Jason
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Ali - 13 pounds lighter? So that made you what? 90 pounds?
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

AliMouse
    Originally posted by cooldaddygroove
    Ali - 13 pounds lighter? So that made you what? 90 pounds?

CDG, I wish!! ...

ok...let's not get off-topic here....it's not a thread about my weight!!!

Bike
    bike go bibi
    Thanks Ali, everyone. It would be great if you could post your website links for leathers! I haven't had too much luck on the net but maybe I'm not looking in the right spots. Thanks!
    See the stars.. they're shining bright.. everything's alright tonight..

AliMouse
    http://www.bimoto.be for dainese
    http://www.newenough.com/
    http://www.denniskirk.com/powervendo...d=outletStreet

there should be a few more...lemme check my home computer tonite

BBQ Squadron Member Array Dark()Knight's Avatar
    Bike
    Batcycle
    mmm..... CDG... shall we start a thread about Ali's weight.... I'd really like to see how many hits it would get....
    Be Happy for this moment.... This moment is your life.

It is not about Anger,
    It's about Peace.
    It is not about Power,
    It's about Grace.
    It is not about knowing your enemy,
    It's about knowing yourself.

AliMouse
    Originally posted by Dark()Knight
    mmm..... CDG... shall we start a thread about Ali's weight.... I'd really like to see how many hits it would get....

ever seen angry psychotic mousie?

mikey
    I may have posted this once before when someone was asking about gear, but I got my wife an HJC leather jacket through the Buell shop and it's really nice. I would assume there are pants that zip together as well. Don't know if you're absolute on the full suit or not, but it's a very nice fit, tapered and a bit longer in the back than most men's jackets. Plus it's got the armor and some good vents. Not the most expensive in the world, but I think still of good quality. The only downside was that I ordered it without her trying it on. Turned out perfectly, but it was a gamble. I think most shops order from the same Big Catalogue, so you can at least see pics at most anyplace in town.

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    I would definatley suggest leathers as well. But one thing I would think about, is do you want a 1pce. or a 2 pce. I have a 2 piece. I like it because first of all protection just like all the others, but also with a 2 pce you can just wear your jacket if you are going out for dinner etc. And believe me when those washroom emergencies come callen you want to get them off pretty quick. instead of fighting with the whole suit to get them down.