BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Knowledge test!

2K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Stewy 
#1 ·
Anyone care to share one question in the knowledge test that some other may find tricky or difficult. I just went for my knowledge test today for the first time without studying and failed (obviously). Anyway, there was one question that I didn't get to answer but I can't find in the book. The question was, which is LESS likely to be slippery during wet weather conditions.

a) Fallen Leaves
b) Road Markings
c) Side of a traffic lane
d) Center of a heavy traffic lane

Anyway, I'm pretty bummed and found the questions were tricky, anyone have any opinions or tips. I'm going to take it again tomm. morning. Wish me luck! lol

G
#9 ·
Ratzilla said:
+1 on C...you should ALWAYS be riding on a side of a lane, never in the middle unless you're avoiding something...
One should ride in the CENTER when:

you are trying to avoid something,
when there is adjacent lanes with traffic on EITHER side of you,
When going on bridges on windy days.

When those strong strong wind gusts come up, they can blow you around quite a bit.

G
#10 ·
notbenfolds said:
One should ride in the CENTER when:

you are trying to avoid something,
when there is adjacent lanes with traffic on EITHER side of you,
When going on bridges on windy days.

When those strong strong wind gusts come up, they can blow you around quite a bit.
when you're in the middle lane of a three lane street?
no thanks...i like to maintain lane dominance rather than stay in the middle...also, there's so much crap in the middle, staying there for any decent period of time with warm tires is not my cup of tea...
having said that, i usually will move to the left lane anyways

going on bridges? hmm, ive never had the problem of worrying so much about the wind that i'd have to move to the middle...if the wind is strong..then yeah, i agree that staying in the middle is a good idea

#13 ·
grandshervee said:
What about during heavy rain fall? Because position 2 is usually slightly higher than 1 and 3, there is no pooled water for the rider to ride in. Also, under heavy rain, oils and such from the centre lain are usually washed away.
Bikes don't tend to hydroplane so staying in 1 or 3 is still better than 2. During the rainy season, unless its really slick, a wet road is usually no problem. The first rain after a long dry spell is where you need to be extra careful.

#14 ·
I would NOT be riding in the middle of a lane when it's raining. That's where all the oil is and the oil doesn't get washed away too easily either.

I also would NOT ride in the middle when it's a 3 lane road (6 lanes, 3 in your direction). You want to maintain dominance with one of the lanes, so try to position yourself so that the one side is empty and you're dominant to a car in the other lane. Or get out of the middle lane and avoid it all together.

;D

#15 ·
grandshervee said:
What about during heavy rain fall? Because position 2 is usually slightly higher than 1 and 3, there is no pooled water for the rider to ride in. Also, under heavy rain, oils and such from the centre lain are usually washed away.
:lolup So water washes away oil eh. Wow I never knew that. I guess you learn something new everyday from the internet!:rolleyes

#16 ·
chasebaciles said:
Anyone care to share one question in the knowledge test that some other may find tricky or difficult. I just went for my knowledge test today for the first time without studying and failed (obviously). Anyway, there was one question that I didn't get to answer but I can't find in the book. .... I'm going to take it again tomm. morning. Wish me luck! lol

we all been there, but allow me to point out the obvious....do not treat the "knowledge test" as just a step to get ur lience....it was in place for good reason...i suggest u really try to understand the reason/logic behide all the rules/info/Qs...they might save ur life one day...and take a riding course

p.s. don't let the excitment get into way, riding is fun but it also come with risk and responsibilities, both to urself and other road users/pedestrian..

my 2 cents, now ...good luck with ur licencing, have fun and be safe

#17 ·
The knowledge test was a joke. I got one wrong and was like..."Woohoo, I can ride a bike now."

G
#18 ·
When did u take your knowledge test, Stewy? Recently or a long time back? Btw, I am going for my knowledge test at the end of this week probably. Just needed to clarify a couple of things. Are most of the questions asked from chapters 4 - 10? Do you get asked about the controls, instruments, motorcycle pre-trip check questions from chapter 3? I know Chasebaciles has already asked this but does anyone know any good links to get some practice questions for this knowledge test? Any help or advice would be apprecitated. Thx

G
#19 ·
dude.. go to the government agent office, get the Roadsense for Riders book, read it twice, and you will pass. Make sure you actually READ it. There is 100 questions in the test, they ask something from EVERY part of it. I glossed over group riding, and of course they put 1 or 2 questions in there about it.

#20 ·
Hondaboi said:
When did u take your knowledge test, Stewy?
I took it back in the beginning of March. As for chapter coverage, I honestly can't remember. Just know your rules of the road, read the book once or twice, and take the test...you'll pass. I also did the online test a few times.

#23 ·
wow.. my knowledge test was fun.. took almost 30 minutes... at my 32 question.. i had 7 wrong already had 8 more questions to go... man... but i passed first try.. and i winged it.. never read the book... but i do have some what little expenrince with bikes.. since some of my friends do ride.. now onto pacific riding school on july 6... anyone signed up here?

#25 ·
Beefylegs said:
woot woot i passed my knowledge today too:tredmill

now i have to make the choice of either going to a good riding school or buying a beater bike to practice on.
Congrats. And as for the decision...do both.

#26 ·
I forgot to update this sorry, I passed the 2nd time. Someone mentioned there are 100 questions?? there's only 40 questions and a bit of each chapter. Here's a very very very good advice for you, IF you don't feel prepared, don't stress. Make sure you remember all the questions you got wrong since it corrects you. Take home the sheet and look up the answers and I guarantee you a pass 2nd time. It took me 15 min. the 2nd time w/4 wrong. They repeat the most of the questions you got wrong the first time.

I will be registering for pacific riding school for July 10 day class, anyone going to be in that class?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.