BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Which Color Scheme Do You Like?

• I like the Flamed out Silver RC51

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • I Like the Flat Black/Grey 748S

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • I hate them Both, so I am Attaching a Pic

Votes: 0 0.0%

Poll: Paint the RC Silver or Flat Black?

4K views 56 replies 16 participants last post by  PeteDawg 
#1 ·
Just as a point of discussion, I'd like your opinions on which you prefer, the Flamed out Silver RC51 or an all Black RC51 (actually a flat dark grey a la a Ducati 748S.

#3 ·
Frank,
I think the flamed out one is very cool. It would definitely be different.
Have fun deciding!
Jason

#12 ·
frank, r u thinking of painting your RC?

like the duc’s black but IMHO it looks good cuz of the red accents i.e. wheels etc. if u just paint the body blk and leave everything else the same i think it would look too dull.

as for the other version – looks ok too but i kida like the type of flames that appear on the 2003 R1.

#15 ·
mmm... let's add a jolly roger to that and give it a skulls and crossbones type look..... :roflmao

#18 ·
Hey Frank. I worked in a bodyshop for 2 years, and here's MHO.

Since your frame is flat black already, paint your bike flat black with Gloss Black flames with a metalic Silver Pearl. I know for a fact this will look really cool cuz I painted the the upper half of my old RX-7 with Gloss black with a green/blue metallic pearl. At some angles it would be black then as you moved it looked like a British Racing Green. So then, as you drive by people it will look black but they will see flames dash accross your bike!!

And also I worked at an Anodizing place in Delta for 3 1/2 years. So then anodize all your aluminum bits and pieces black.

:thumbup

pm me for more details, I can email you a pic of my old car and you can see what I mean.

#23 ·
Okay, no more bastardizing...

I kind of like the idea of what Bean said, except rather than flames (not a huge fan of flames myself) in a gloss black, what about the Honda wings...like on your stock paint. You know, paint it flat black, then have the wings and other details be in a gloss/pearl black. Like the pic posted by F4iPhreak above...only replace the silver with gloss black, and have it on a flat black base.

Sorry, my photoshop skills are lame....no samples.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.