Riding without a helmet...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Riding without a helmet...

hah

Riding without a helmet...

Did anyone else see a guy riding along the causeway at about 100 without a helmet on yesturday? WOW. At first I was like.. "Hey, that guy shouldn't be riding in just a tshirt going that fast.." then I looked again and saw he was only wearing a pair of shades.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    Beanies look like zero helmet sometimes.

Lost his turban at speed?

hah
    no beanie.... no brain.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    SP 125..02 f4i
    maybe it was stolen?

Bike
    1987 Ninja 600R
    Is a helmet ticket the same as a seatbelt ticket? Justwondering... Those yamulka beanies are so small its retarded anyways, might as well not be wearing a helmet, ya... Helmets are good.

Black on black crime Array Iceman_19's Avatar
    Bike
    2000 Yamaha R1
    No helmet, thats just stupid. Squid is one thing, helmet? ALWAYS wear a helmet!
    2000 Yamaha R1 - Back in black!

Bike
    2006 R1
    I have seen now on two different occasions the same East Indian guy who rides an older 650 Honda Shadow with no helmet.....I guess he figures his turbin will do the job when he wreaks! He gave me a wave one time, but that kind of stupidity dosent deserve a response.

Bike
    bike
    you should go to the mid south USA sometime. Anyways, did anyone else see that person not wearing a seatbelt on fraser highway and 200th yesterday? I didnt wave.
    Too sexy for this forum.

Bike
    SV track, VFR road
    The first thing I do when I get out of town is strap the helmet to the back of the bike. RIDE FREE!!!!!!

Besides, helmets just contribute to serious neck injury, impair hearing and vision, and cut down on the supplemental nutrition gleaned from bugs, gravel, etc. Why groom a perfect mullet, only to cover it up with a useless helmet?

"When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

HiTMaNN
    Quote Originally Posted by Phibber
    I have seen now on two different occasions the same East Indian guy who rides an older 650 Honda Shadow with no helmet.....I guess he figures his turbin will do the job when he wreaks! He gave me a wave one time, but that kind of stupidity dosent deserve a response.
    I see him all the time but the government deeming a turban individual not to wear a helmet. He could have just wore a bandana and wore a helmet but the older Sikhs ride like that in India. It isn't about being a retard it is about his religion that says once you have been baptised you must cover your head (he can't just let his hair hang down like a girl) So that means he has to tie it up put a bandana over it. Leaving a huge amount of space in the upper part of the helmet sort of defeating the purpose of it. I guess it is better then nothing but i respect there decision and devotion to a religion.

"The Turban is closely associated with Sikhism. Sikhism is the only religion in the world in which wearing a turban is mandatory. Vast majority of people who wear turbans in the Western countries are Sikhs. The Sikh pagṛī (ਪਗੜੀ) is also called dastār (ਦਸਤਾਰ), which is a more respectful word in Punjabi for the turban.

Sikhs are famous for their distinctive turbans. The turban represents respectability, and is a sign of nobility. Guru Gobind Singh gave all of his Sikhs turbans to recognize the high moral status that the Khalsa has to adhere to. A turbaned Sikh stands out from the crowd and is easily recognizable. The dastaar, as the Sikh turban is commonly known as is an article of faith. This was made mandatory by the founders of Khalsa and all baptised Sikhs are required to wear a Dastaar. It is not to be regarded as mere cultural paraphernalia.

When a Sikh man or woman dons a turban, the turban ceases to be just a piece of cloth and becomes one and the same with the Sikh's head. The turban as well as the other articles of faith worn by Sikhs have an immense spiritual as well as temporal significance. The symbolisms of wearing a turban are many from it being regarded as a symbol of sovereignty, dedication, self-respect, courage and piety but the reason all practicing Sikhs wear the turban is just one - out of love and obedience of the wishes of the founders of their faith."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh_turban
    Last edited by HiTMaNN; 06-25-2006 at 01:23 PM.

Bike
    2006 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTMaNN
    I see him all the time but the government deeming a turban individual not to wear a helmet. He could have just wore a bandana and wore a helmet but the older Sikhs ride like that in India. It isn't about being a retard it is about his religion that says once you have been baptised you must cover your head (he can't just let his hair hang down like a girl) So that means he has to tie it up put a bandana over it. Leaving a huge amount of space in the upper part of the helmet sort of defeating the purpose of it. I guess it is better then nothing but i respect there decision and devotion to a religion.

"The Turban is closely associated with Sikhism. Sikhism is the only religion in the world in which wearing a turban is mandatory. Vast majority of people who wear turbans in the Western countries are Sikhs. The Sikh pagṛī (ਪਗੜੀ) is also called dastār (ਦਸਤਾਰ), which is a more respectful word in Punjabi for the turban.

Sikhs are famous for their distinctive turbans. The turban represents respectability, and is a sign of nobility. Guru Gobind Singh gave all of his Sikhs turbans to recognize the high moral status that the Khalsa has to adhere to. A turbaned Sikh stands out from the crowd and is easily recognizable. The dastaar, as the Sikh turban is commonly known as is an article of faith. This was made mandatory by the founders of Khalsa and all baptised Sikhs are required to wear a Dastaar. It is not to be regarded as mere cultural paraphernalia.

When a Sikh man or woman dons a turban, the turban ceases to be just a piece of cloth and becomes one and the same with the Sikh's head. The turban as well as the other articles of faith worn by Sikhs have an immense spiritual as well as temporal significance. The symbolisms of wearing a turban are many from it being regarded as a symbol of sovereignty, dedication, self-respect, courage and piety but the reason all practicing Sikhs wear the turban is just one - out of love and obedience of the wishes of the founders of their faith."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikh_turban

Oh I completly uderstand why he is wearing his turbon....I just feel it is absolute crazyness to ride anywhere, let alone here in Van city were you see ignorante drivers everywhere.....but hey if he is willing to die for his religion, that's his business.

HiTMaNN
    Quote Originally Posted by Phibber
    Oh I completly uderstand why he is wearing his turbon....I just feel it is absolute crazyness to ride anywhere, let alone here in Van city were you see ignorante drivers everywhere.....but hey if he is willing to die for his religion, that's his business.
    But not waving back to him then I guess that makes you a harley kinda guy too then. I wave to anyone dumbass or not

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    Bike
    none at the moment
    I see guys riding with no helmet all the time in Winnipeg , I don't know what's the deal with that. And they are not East Indian.
    2010 can't affort a bike anymore
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 VFR
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

Bike
    bike
    I understand it. Its really more complicated then it seems on the surface. Just one thought though. Wearing a Turban is mandatory in sikh religion, its not mandatory in Canada. Wearing a helmet is mandatory in Canada. But on the other hand, I dont personally care if someone wears one or not though.
    Too sexy for this forum.

HiTMaNN
    Quote Originally Posted by adam112
    I understand it. Its really more complicated then it seems on the surface. Just one thought though. Wearing a Turban is mandatory in sikh religion, its not mandatory in Canada. Wearing a helmet is mandatory in Canada. But on the other hand, I dont personally care if someone wears one or not though.
    What does it matter if it isn't mandatory in Canada? Your telling if you move to Canada you are no longer a sikh?