Hello, I just purchased a used 2001 R6 and there are several questions that I have to ask. In addition, there are some things I need to know (I am a true newbie about bikes).
Okay here are the questions (answers will be greatly appreciated =D)
1. What type of octane should I use? premium, etc...
2. How often do I need to grease or oil the chain if I am going to be riding everyday for the next following two months?
3. What do I use to do it?
4. There is this oil thing sticking out of the dashboard (little cup of it). I believe it's the brake fluid or something. How do I add more or what do I need to do with it? And How often?
5. What other major maintenance things do I need to deal with? How often? What to do? Like engine oils and etc..
6. Also, I haven't totally gotten used to it yet but I, seldomly (rarely), release the clutch too quickly (not 'slipping' the clutch enough) when I am accelerating from a stop light (complete stop) and what happens is that the r6 just stops running. I quickly start it up again and proceed and everything seems fine. I remember it happening with older bikes when I was doing my course training. However, is it okay if this happens? How bad is it for the motorcycle? Should it even happen on a R6, does it mean there's something wrong?
Thank you all for your help. bcsportbikes RULES!
Hope to see some of you on group rides this summer.
Ciao for now.