BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

best rides around lower mainland?

7K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  fishface 
#1 · (Edited)
hey all, i was hoping some of the ol' timers and seansoned pros out there would be able to chime in to help compile a list of some great 1/2 day to day long rides around here. i've just gotten my first bike about 1 month ago and been to cultus lake a few times...but other than the s2s(which i haven't tried yet), i was hoping some of you guys/gals could share some of your personal favorite rides with us newbs. it would be great to have a few good options up the sleeve! :thumbup thanks

ps did a search for this and couldn't find anything so my appologies if this is a repost.

#6 ·
Go to http://members.shaw.ca/bjs1/motorcycle_pages.htm as mentioned by busa_tom and then click on the "Interesting motorcycle roads near Vancouver" link. You'll find a good selection of local rides there along with maps.

I think my fav afternoon ride is the one up to Mt Baker. It's a nice afternoon spin with lots of curves and not to much traffic if you can do it on a weekday. :thumbup

Do watch for wildlife though. On my last trip up there I had a deer almost brush the dust off my front tire and I had a black bear cross about 50 ft in front of me.:eek

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.