BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Average km's per year?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Coco 
G
#1 ·
Hey FOLKS!
I need your help - how many km's are typical to put on a bike per year? I heard it was something like 6,xxx km's per years was average but just wanted to get som emore input.....anything would be helpful. Have a good weekend and ride safe!

#2 ·
When I was riding typical for me was 15,000km/yr in my first few years.

#6 · (Edited)
Average km's per year?

It really depends on how much time you have to ride.
1. Some people have school/work.(Tries to ride AMAP):bowdown
2. Some people have 2 or 3 jobs.(Not much time to ride):surrender
3. Some people have a family & kids.(Wants to ride but can't get out of the house):rant
4. Some rich people have lots of time & don't have to work.(Likes to hang out at Starbucks):laughing

#7 ·
888 said:
Average km's per year?

It really depends on how much time you have to ride.
1. Some people have school/work.(Tries to ride AMAP):bowdown
2. Some people have 2 or 3 jobs.(Not much time to ride):surrender
3. Some people have a family & kids.(Wants to ride but can't get out of the house):rant
4. Some rich people have lots of time & don't have to work.(Likes to hang out at Starbucks):laughing
5. Some people will use any excuse to explain away why they don't ride :D

Ride to school. Ride to work. Ride to pick up milk and bread. Also ride 200 Kms just for fun. Wake up at 5AM to ride. The family sleeps until 10AM on weekends, right?

Personally, I am a fair weather rider year round. I wish I could claim annual mileage of 15,000 Kms. But, no, I'm averaging 9,500 to 10,500. ICBC charges me so much for insurance. I'm determined to get the most of it! Damn it!! :rant

Look at all the bikes for sale with ridiculously low mileage. A lot of these people put down top dollar for a new bike. Tricked it out for another few thousand $$$ Ride 2,000 Kms or less. And loose interest. Too much hassle. Scared of traffic. Find out they haven't got the aptitude. Then the bike sits in a garage for 2 or 3 years.

It's the same for people who buys a fancy tennis racket and then don't play. Or, a $4,000 computer and play solitaire. :roflmao Or, a skookum camera, but never figures out a f-stop from a bus stop.

Just my :2cents

#8 ·
Hey K,

i did 12,000km
but like they said above... lots of factors...

are you a fair weather rider? i don't think you are
are you a commuter? i don't think you are
will you ride for recreational purposes? i think you will
will you be doing long rides? i think you would, but maybe not tons of them...

in my opinion... you could average 6000km... i wouldn't be suprised

#9 · (Edited)
5,000 for posers and those that have not much freedom in life
10,000 for your average rider
15,000 for addicts
20,000 for addicts on umemployent, or who have stumbled onto cash somehow ;-)

When I first started riding, I did 15,000 the first 3 years, and I worked nights and weekends. I'd come home Saturday morning at 8-9, sleep 2 hours, pick up my passenger and be off for the rest of the day. Same Sunday!
Ah, fond memories of scraping snow off my seat to get to school ;-)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.