upper fairing swap?

Thread: upper fairing swap?

Registered User Array chasebaciles's Avatar
    CBR 600 RR

upper fairing swap?

I was wondering if there is another upper fairing that will fit onto an 88 cbr 600? I know there are street fighter ones but they're a little too small, I was just wanting a newer look rather than the one big square headlight. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Anything you get that has a different headlight arrangement will require a big bunch of work to re-do the mounting frame and arrange brackets that can support the new headlight and such. Even the streetfighter units that come with their own headlights will require some hacksawing or bending to get them to fit nicely. There's no "standard" to this sort of stuff. So if you want to do it then it's up to your ingenuity and luck. Some may fit with only a little work but other units will need a ton of mods.

But if you're interested in having a go at it then look on ebay for Z1000 stuff. There seems to be a fair amount of headlight units and fairings for quite cheap.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Registered User Array
    East Van
    99 Srad750
    Why don't you give borderline cycles a call Hakkim he's done lots of custom works and i'm sure he can sort it for you.