Bike with 'mystery history'

Thread: Bike with 'mystery history'

Bike with 'mystery history'

Looking at a bike that is from the U.S.--It is an 03 with 800km (equivalent) on it. It looks brand new, TOTALLY MINT, as it should. Just wondering if there is a way to check the VIN in the States to check if it's been damaged/rebuilt. It has a 'clean title', etc. in Canada, and has no 'rebuilt' status, however, my 'red flag' is up, just because I really can't be sure about its past.

2. Remove Advertisements

Langley, BC
    None right now...
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is (sorry, just wanted to throw that out there).

There are ways to check the VIN in the US, but I don't have any links or contact info for them. I just know they exist. Try contacting the transportation department for the state the bike is registered in, maybe?
    My Picasa Album

05 Monster S2R dont know if it works or if an alternative exists for biekes but worth a go?

Thanks for the reply...Carfax does not include reports on motorcycles, unfortunately. Anybody know of an alternative?

Across moat, past guard dogs and razor wire.
    Scooty-Puff Sr.
    If you met a foreign girl in a local bar and she told you that she had a clean Canada, you might want to dig a little further into her story.

I used CarProof Verified BC

It had US information including Damage, Grey Market, Rebuilt, Salvage, etc. Of course, the information, like local information, is only as good as what's available on record.

RS 03.08.74 ~ 02.11.06 Array Rick's wife's Avatar

Don't Do It

You can't be sure of it's past... Even a bike out of province is slightly sketchy because ICBC can't track past accidents.

Think resale too. If you end up selling it down the road, others will have a hard time with not knowing it's history.

I think it is worth the wait of looking around in BC...

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    lower mainland
    not worth the risk
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

Registered User Array radmtrbkr's Avatar
    Gravity Warp Drive
    you're an idiot