Hadn't seen this...

Thread: Hadn't seen this...

monkee Array
    '07 D675

Hadn't seen this...

Ok, this one was new to me, and I'm usually pretty good at keeping up to new models. Anyone ridden one? Its odd looking, and with all that low end they talk about... did they just stick some cruiser engine in there?

2. Remove Advertisements

Been there, Wrecked that! Array CrashTested's Avatar
    - unknown
    mmmmmm MT-01 mmmmmm
    There are old bikers, and there are bold bikers, but there are no old, bold bikers.
    BCSB Member #XXXX

2 Wheeled History:
    '02 F4i (RIP, damn guardrail)

'87 TZR 250 (piston ate itself)
    '99 SV650s (RIP, damn Jeep)
    '79 250XR
    '81 500XT

husqvarna 510 smr
    its all low end power. its a big hog. fast in a straight line.. glorified duc monster if u ask me

It's god damn heavy but it looks awesome! Isn't it Rossi's choice street bike?

Rhubarbed.....RIP GPZ
    I saw one a checkpoint on St. Johns. Looks pretty sweet.
    A bad day of riding is, still better than a good day of work.

05 Monster S2R
    that thing is a cruiser in disguise

Danger Zone!
    I'm waiting for this one.

Word on the street is the MT is a hoot to ride. I've not ridden one, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, I found the rubber pads on the frame all the wrong shape and too wide. Those would be pried out, and replaced with Stomp-Grip.

On The Edge
    1999 VFR 800
    looked at one yesterday pretty sweet ride.....very big.

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Lynn Valley represent WHAT?
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    I test rode an MT01 from Pacific Yamaha. If I was in the market for a Buel, I'd look at the MT01 instead.

It's a VStar motor coupled with a bunch of R1 components (swing arm, forks, brakes, wheels, etc.) and it's pretty dope to ride. Lots of torque and fun to flick around in the tight stuff.

It has a very high saddle. I'm 5'10 and I was on my tippy toes at stop lights.

My impression was that Yamaha made the type of motorcycle in one year what Buel's been trying to make in almost 2 decades - a fun performance bike centered around a torquey cruiser motor.

Although it's got great components and looks awesome, it's a little enemic for total power. Not a lot of top end and I've heard it be referred to as the EMTy one. If I were to pick one up (which I'd seriously consider over a Ducati and definately over a Buel) a set of pipes to let that muther breath would be the first thing I did before even taking it off the showroom floor.

The Philosopher King Array Frapps's Avatar
    North Vancouver
    83 RG250 Gamma//95Kawi ZX6
    i like the look of it for sure and i bet its fun... but 1600cc's thats alot in insurance and gas
    G.B. Shaw: We are made wise not by the recollection of our past but by the responsibility for our future
    Miguel Ruiz: Death is not the biggest fear we have our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive and express what we really are

Ive ridden the MT a few times.. I was really really unimpressed. It vibrated so much it wasnt fun.

Our demo is all tricked out with the official Yamaha kit - Akra pipes, etc.. It sounds AWESOME.. and i love the low-end grunt, but its all the nastyness of a cruiser, with the uncomfortable riding position of a sportbike.

Plus my boys were sitting right on the tank and that muther vibrates like there's no tomorrow.. NOT a nice feeling on a ride longer than 3 min... i mean 30 minutes.. *cough*

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    I dislike most nakeds, but that looks pretty friggin' hot.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.