NEW Kawasaki ZZ-R250

Thread: NEW Kawasaki ZZ-R250

TTPrider

NEW Kawasaki ZZ-R250

Ok Guys – As a newbie, I really need your help here!! I KNOW the rules about a newbie buying a “new” bike and I KNOW I will dump it and it’s stupid.

I’m heeding all the advice about starting small and talked myself out of a 600 and into a 250.

I found a deal on a NEW 2005 Kawasaki ZZ-R250 (which is actually pretty good-looking for a 250) on sale for $5699 from $6299, probably inventory clear-out.

Looking through the “used” ads it seems like for a few hundred dollars more I can get new and not have to worry about any problems that could come with used. This way I can keep it for awhile and even have it as a 2nd bike for my husband and I to share when we’re ready for a 600. (I probably also won’t be pressuring myself so much to move to a 600 before I’m ready, like I might with an older bike that starts to have problems, etc.)

Any thoughts? Am I being stupid?

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Array Not Enough Time's Avatar
    Bike
    ZZR250 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TTPrider
    I found a deal on a NEW 2005 Kawasaki ZZ-R250 (which is actually pretty good-looking for a 250) on sale for $5699 from $6299, probably inventory clear-out.
    Definately not stupid. Glad to see you posting here.

I paid, for a 2006 model, with taxes, freight and PDI "all-in" $6700 here in Kelowna (at Valley Motosports) and they included a Helmet. I noticed, after visting them and having my first service done by them, that Burnaby Kawasaki might have given me a better deal.

The price of my ZZR250, without "all-in," would have been about $5,700 - which would make your's a bit on the high side for a 2005 model. I didn't negotiate much too... Try offering a "cash deal" of $6,000 - all-in (taxes, freight and pdi) and see where that gets you.

retired panda racer...~_~ Array HydeNobuyuki's Avatar
    Bike
    It's big and heavy.. must be a sport tourer
    all sportbikes will depreciate it's gonna happen...
    so as long as you accept that.... who cares if it's new or not...
    although inventory clearance is even better :P

i mean.. it's not an expensive bike... so go for it...
    Are you a Dr Jeckyl? or Mr Hyde?

--This vancouverite currently resides in Osaka, Japan--

Julia, Ride In Peace; You've touched our lives ~10 July 2005~

Bike
    05 Monster S2R
    yea get out there jump on it have some fun enjoy it!

And if your ever lookin for someone to cruise with im just across the bridge!

TTPrider
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the feedback!!