I have an 06 r6 that was knocked over by a car while parked. I was playing basketball when I heard it, ran to my bike and the driver was nice enough to stop. She apologized and said she'll pay for the damages.
The bike fell onto its right side and all the obvious parts on that side are scratched.
So I called a couple of shops and one said not to bring it in until the end of summer because it'll be there for at least a week due to the number of claims right now.
The other shop said that since they are not an icbc certified shop I would have to pay up front and have icbc reimburse me after.
So my question is:
Should I wait until the end of summer like shop 1 said or take it to the non-icbc certified shop and pay up front? (non-icbc shop came highly recommended from bcsb forums)
The downside is I don't want to wait over a month to have things fixed with shop 1 if I wait, and I don't want to have any complications with the non-icbc shop if I end up paying for something that I find out after wasn't approved or allowed.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!