Warranty Trasfer

Thread: Warranty Trasfer

Not sure anymore

Warranty Trasfer

I recently bought a 2005 600rr with 8000 Km on it from ICBC with a salvage title. I am wondering if the manufacturers warranty would transfer to me even though the bike was written off. Anybody have any experience with this? What types of documents are required to get warranty work done?

2. Remove Advertisements

Danger Zone!
    I'm no expert but I am writting this within a Holiday Inn Express.

I'd say the warranty is now void. Any accident that would write off a bike could also do other damage to motor parts etc. (lay running on it's side and starved for oil).

The warranty will cover defects of material or manufacture, but once you race for example you void the warranty. Any out of the norm use will cause the manufacturer to tear up the sheet.

Maple Ridge
    2007 GSX-R750
    Put a call into Honda Canada and ask, or contact your local dealer...they'll know. I agree though, chances are since the bike will have a rebuilt status, that the warranty will be void.
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

Registered User Array scubaphil's Avatar
    99 R6
    if it's an extended warranty then it's up to the dealer.
    If jack helped you off a horse would you help jack off a horse??

You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.