BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Burnouts......

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  Darrell262 
#1 ·
Ok I did my firsts burnout today, and damn you can see the burn marks like crazy.

So what I want to know is how many burnouts can you do, and for how long before you fuck the tire?

The bike has new Dunlop D207 on it.

Also how do you know when it's time for new rubber? I have no clue about that shit, as sportbike tires always look bald to me.

Thanks,

:rider

#2 ·
Tires have tread-wear marks on them. Look on the sidewall for a triangle or arrow. Follow the arrow up to around the centre of the tire. Inside the sipe you'll notice a raised bump. Once the tread is worn down to that bump, you need new rubber. I don't know if I'd advise waiting till you've reached that bump before you change the rubber, though. (Just my opinion.)

G
#3 ·
Personally, I save the burn-outs for the end of the tires life. It's a great way to finish them off. :D

I don't think it would take too many on a new tire before you squared it off enough to affect handling.

#6 ·
if you just sit in one spot the tire gets shredded really fast. When the tire gets hot it gets soft, so thepavement just chews it up. I find tires last pretty long if you are rolling... you leave a bigger mark on the road too. lol
harder compound tires last longer
try moving your bike
back andforth so its not just wearing one spot, otherwise your tire gets squared off and when u turn your bike will suddenly fall into the corner. then you might as well roast it off till it pops!

#11 ·
i guess if yo bought the bike for stuntin it dont matter, you said you dont hit the corners hard, but i bought them tires cuz the old ones (i gave you ) have been burnt down a lot by the guy i got the bike from, corners suck on em. heh

how ya liking the bike btw, any probs?

#12 ·
I’ve only had it out a few times, and the only thing that bugs the hell out of me is how hard it is to shift between gears, and not being able to put it in neutral well it’s running (rush hour can be a bitch).

So I have talked to Bonnie and I’ll be taking it in to BOMAX and having the clutch and a few other things done on it very soon.

Some $$$$ and it will be back up to par for this summer.

I will send you some pictures of the bike when it’s done.

VCR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.