All right, I just got my first motorcycle, took it to be inspected at a local shop (won't say which one, so don't ask).
*If anyone who works there realizes who I am, I just want to say I'm not posting here to undercut you or go behind your backs, just that I felt I took enough of your time today*. Mods, if this belongs in bike tech, please move it.
- I need new front & rear sprockets,
- new chain (which I have),
- the front end is out of alignment,
- the steering stem bearings are too tight
- it could use an oil change
- could use a general service (valve adjustment, cable lube/replacement etc ? )
All told, they quoted me about $500, with tax. It sounds like all the stuff they'll do will make it good as new.
Does this sound like a decent price? Is it a little high? Is there any of it I could do myself to bring it down? I asked the shop, and they said they could try to find cheaper sprockets. I could do the oil change and battery change myself, but that really wouldn't save me much time or $$$, would it?