Rear Tire Reviews

Thread: Rear Tire Reviews

2005 Honda CBR600RR

Rear Tire Reviews

I want to know what you guys think of the Michelin Pilot Power Tire, Michelin Pilot Sport HPX, and Dunlop Sportmax GP Tire. If you guys have any other suggestions those would help too! Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements

Shawnigan Lake
    SV 650S

my suggestion?

use the search luke! let go with your feelings!

cr450r supermoto
    i instaled pilot powers on my r6 and i love them .... wouldnt ever go with any thing else
    farings are for homosexuals

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    The Pilot Sport is a more sport touring focus tire for the big super duper land missles. Maybe not a good option for a 600.

Track days? Powers. Need longer life and enjoy decent sized chicken strips indicative of a more casual but sporty riding style? Pilot Roads. Same with the Dunlops. The new qualifiers for the serious riding and the D220's or whatever for normal street duty for a bit longer life.

You need to be HONEST with your riding style and what you want out of the tire. The front line sporty tires will stick like poo to a porch but wear fast so the cost is higher overall. Sport touring tires like the Road or equivalent in other brands offer as much as most folks need for the street and longer life to boot but may not be up to the task on a track if you're a harder rider but will still work fine if it's your first time out and you're a bit conservative in your riding.... This usually happens when you have a decently developed Sense of Self Preservation.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.