So my buddy got caught without a license.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So my buddy got caught without a license.

Bike
    2003 CBR 954 RR 1999 CBR 900 RR

So my buddy got caught without a license.

Okay my buddy got caught by police in alberta without a license... because he doesnt have his class 6 does this mean he can lose his class 5? I m not exactly sure so figured I d ask. clocked at 178... and was put in jail for a couple hours. he was in a 100 zone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    '04 gsxr
    if ur guna be goin 178 at least go 178 with a licence yikes...

Big Stick
    i would think so. I mean a licence is a licence. I am about to have my licenece ganked for 4 months, and it means both my car and bike licence.

What? I can't hear you... Array Speed3's Avatar
    Bike
    Have: '70 Yamaha CT175 + '73 DT360 + '75 Suzuki GT250L + '82 Suzuki PE175 Want: 2006 Triumph Daytona 675
    Yes it'll be both. Class 6 is an endorsement on the Class 5, hence why if you get the Class 6 first you're automatically awarded a Class 5 without taking the car test.

myside.yourside.myside Array bluenote's Avatar
    Bike
    sold :/
    You can lose your license (which means, the whole thing) but normally you just get driving without a license (3 points) then plus whatever else you were doing ... if they put him in jail though, Im guessing it was something pretty serious that may warrant an immediate yank. However there *are* other reasons for them to detain you so...

Cory

Bike
    '05 RC51
    Quote Originally Posted by deeb
    if ur guna be goin 178 at least go 178 with a licence yikes...
    couldn't agree more - dumbass.

Caught for excessive speeding (well, ok on that one; could've been me any number of times but for the grace of God) but risking that when you're not even licenced? Yeah, that's thinking - just add up those points and fines.

independent Amsoil dealer Array chromedome's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 Harley Nightrain
    Not to mention he might not be able to get his class 6 for few more years. Depending on what the Dept. of Motor Vehicles thinks.

Bike
    A fucking cool as shit Ducati Monster S2R 800 dark
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote
    You can lose your license (which means, the whole thing) but normally you just get driving without a license (3 points) then plus whatever else you were doing ...

Cory
    Thats probably driving without proof of license. If your driving with no drivers license, i think it would be a little more then 3 points?
    quack quack

Bike
    Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Well if he drives without a licence it doesn't really matter.
    -
    -
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it

Registered User Array Jester666's Avatar
    Bike
    1966 Honda Dream305 1976 Honda CB550
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe
    Okay my buddy got caught by police in alberta without a license... because he doesnt have his class 6 does this mean he can lose his class 5? I m not exactly sure so figured I d ask. clocked at 178... and was put in jail for a couple hours. he was in a 100 zone.

Can't answer you question, but I'll point out that it MIGHT be better for the rest of us if your friend does loose his licence to drive ANYTHING for a while....though that apparently won't stop him anyways.

Thanks for that... Array Miguel's Avatar
    Bike
    Japanese
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Stick
    i would think so. I mean a licence is a licence. I am about to have my licenece ganked for 4 months, and it means both my car and bike licence.
    Shit Bryan, that's the shits man...
    Mig

myside.yourside.myside Array bluenote's Avatar
    Bike
    sold :/
    Quote Originally Posted by CiLe
    Thats probably driving without proof of license. If your driving with no drivers license, i think it would be a little more then 3 points?
    Im embarassed to say that I know the difference and been written up for no license (expired class 5 and no class 6 and/or expired novice) and failure to produce .. and yeah the last time it happened it was just like a speeding ticket.

Unfortunately for me, I always used to get speed + points for no license ...

Cory

Registered Abuser Array rubberhead's Avatar
    Bike
    blue VFR
    If he didn't have any license at all he would stand a better chance in court if he's smart and played his cards right at the scene of the alleged crime. But since he had a class 5, then he's signed up for the "help us screw you" program and has agreed to abide by all the rules that it comes with.
    Last edited by rubberhead; 08-06-2006 at 11:20 PM.
    I have two Hondas. Can I breed them?

Richmond (If you don't like it here, allow me to point you to the nearest exit. :))
    Bike
    1000K9
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed3
    Yes it'll be both. Class 6 is an endorsement on the Class 5, hence why if you get the Class 6 first you're automatically awarded a Class 5 without taking the car test.
    Sorry. That is wrong. If you pass your class 6 road test, you don't automatically get your class 5 license. However rare, there are riders out there who cannot drive and may never care to.

just call me baldy Array diggler132's Avatar
    Bike
    fat and japanese
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed3

Lol...who told you that. So in your theory of class 6 road test getting you a class 5, why not give everyone a class 6 with every class 5 road test.
    SPONSORS:
    ME, MYSELF AND I