BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Bcsb - What A Concept! I'm Hooked!

2K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  Jonny rebar 
#1 · (Edited)
First of all,
Let my introduce myself. My name is Jon. I'm from Vancouver and I've riding streetbikes for about 5 years. Having said that, it's been my experience over the past 5 years that riding in a group or riding tandem is sketchy. I mean, I have a couple of good friends from Squamton that I started riding with and still do. I have a tremendous amount of trust and respect for those guys and have had a hard time finding someone to ride with that I trust and respect as much as I do them. And they live in Squamish to boot!

I had heard about BCSB before and seen the stickers on bikes. On one ocassion I had the oppurtunity to ride back from Sqish with some guys that had the BCSB stickers on their bikes. Now, I consider myself a relativly fast rider. I'm safe, sensable and have respect for other motorists but I ain't goin the limit and I sure as shit ain't slowin' down for you unless you're sportin' a badge. And sometimes not even for them. [but that's a long story even though it all unravelled in about three and a half minutes.] Anywho, I headed back to Van with these guys and somewhere around (Murin lake?) it turned into a gong show. There was about 4 or 5 bikes all out over the double solid around a blind corner forcing oncoming cars onto the shoulder. I was terrified and I didn't want anything to do with it. I pulled over just above Britania, had a smoke and tried to wash off what ever conection I had to those guys. Ever since then I haven't really wanted to have anything to do with BCSB. Maybe I'm ignorant but those images just seemed to pop up everyevery time I saw one of the stickers. Untill I met a girl downtown named Joanne at the fireworks that explained the whole concept to me and assured me that not everyone that sports the decal is runaway cruise missle on state of the art tires.

So this weekend, every one who I ride with was out of town and that vexed me something fierce. I needed to ride so I decided to become a member and try and find a ride for Sunday. I found a posting for a Sunshine Coast run that took off from Horseshoe Bay at 7:20am on Sunday the 13th of Aug. It was oganized, I'm assuming, by Thor(Thundergod) and there seemed to be a good turnout from what I could see on the web site.

This weekend has changed my opinion of BCSB dramatically. As well as my feelings for riding in groups.

I'd like to say "Thor, nice work on that. You seemed to have your shit together." It was well organized and well hosted. Actually, cudos to all that attended. You all seem tight and you all seem sensible. It was a pleasure to ride with you all, and I hope to be invited back.

I would also like to say Thanks to the people who make BCSB possible. I'm hooked!

P.S. I'm looking foward to seeing the pics from this afternoon. Nice smoke show Thor!!!

P.S.S. Those aren't spelling mistakes, their spelling inturpretations.

I'm done

Jonny Rebar

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Welcome aboard Jon I'm glad to have met you and look forward to riding more with you you're an excellent rider and a helluva lot of fun to hang out with.I for one don't always do organized BCSB rides but, I'm always riding ;).Message me anytime you wanna go for another rip.

#3 ·
Jonny there's more than 10,000 memeber on this board and there's no test for membership nor rules of riding that govern the riders. As you've found there are idiots like that over the double line group and others that are far more sensible. Come on in but don't assume anything just because they have stickers. If I'd been you I would have sent those nutz on alone as well.

Oh, and :flip WELCOME ABOARD :flip

#7 ·
TeeTee said:
Jonny there's more than 10,000 memeber on this board and there's no test for membership nor rules of riding that govern the riders. As you've found there are idiots like that over the double line group and others that are far more sensible. Come on in but don't assume anything just because they have stickers. If I'd been you I would have sent those nutz on alone as well.

Oh, and :flip WELCOME ABOARD :flip

Thanks Tee Tee.

Yah, like I said it was probably just ignorance and not enough investigation into the group that gave me that impression.

#8 ·
thundergod said:
Welcome aboard Jon I'm glad to have met you and look forward to riding more with you you're an excellent rider and a helluva lot of fun to hang out with.I for one don't always do organized BCSB rides but, I'm always riding ;).Message me anytime you wanna go for another rip.

Feeling is mutual obviously. So I'm thinkin' if you get every second weekend off. We should kick the shit outta the Cascades in two weeks time. I'm dyin' to ride it. What do you think? I think you should post it. You'll probably get more commitments than I will.

#11 ·
elevation said:
Great to meet you John, you had some CRAZY stories to tell about your sportbiking, you have just had shitty luck! Hope to see you on future rides. Take care.

I have lots of pics but no time to post them! I will try to post them up tommorow.
Yah, good meeting you as well Lee. I'll try and be on future rides for sure. And as for the stories....... I should write a screenplay. I haven't even ventured into the chapter tittled: "I fought the law and th.......fuck that I'm faster than a caprice!"

See ya soon.

#15 ·
heyy fok i was on that ride to the sunshine coast, and yes Thor did make me feel all warm and fuzzy all over. we even shared an apple strudle at earl's cove. i'm glad you saw a diff side of bcsb Jon, as like said before theres a huge membership here , and yer gonna get some bad apples. i'm in for the cascades ride if you fokkers wanna go as we discussed on the beach .:)

G
#16 ·
BLADERUNNER 954 said:
heyy fok i was on that ride to the sunshine coast, and yes Thor did make me feel all warm and fuzzy all over. we even shared an apple strudle at earl's cove. i'm glad you saw a diff side of bcsb Jon, as like said before theres a huge membership here , and yer gonna get some bad apples. i'm in for the cascades ride if you fokkers wanna go as we discussed on the beach .:)
Sunday September 27th works for me.

#18 ·
flowrider said:
bcsb = crack

You will love it. Hate it. Want to stop but can't.

This explains a lot. I swear to god someone told me the first page was free :p

#20 ·
BLADERUNNER 954 said:
Mmmmm, strudel :p

I gotta say Roger, I've never seen a bike like that handle so well. One of the ways I keep track of my pace and how I'm doing is to monitor the guy on my six. I'm sure you all do it as well. Quick glances in the mirror to see how long it takes the guy behind you to round the corner you've just left. On the last run back from Garden Bay, Roger, you were right behind me and every time I glanced, there you were. I swear to god your pegs had a little thing goin on with the ashphault. Little flirtin' goin on there I think.

Good times, good times.

Okay, I'm done blowin' sunshine up your guys asses so, the 27th it is. Say the same time in the morning. Or a little later I don't care. I'll let Thor take it from there. He seems to have a knack for the whole hosting thing.

#22 ·
superj said:
Thor is very proper you know! Did you see him in the suit for the Throttle Trauma DVD? ;)
That is so fuked up. I went to that link and watched the trailer. That first dude that was talking about hiting a pole and wrapping himself around it. I was right there. I was building a wharehouse out by Anacis Island, by the Concrete batch plant, and we were coming back from lunch on a Saturday. This Black gixxer went flying by and it just looked a little dif. I'd never seen a stunt bike before so I didn't know what it was. Anywho, the guy pulled over and talked to us about what he was doing. Super nice dude. Then he asked us if we wanted to see some tricks. So he went down the street and started making passes in front of us. Doing the standard stuff. You know, cat walks, stoppies, that sort of stuff. So he comes in for a pass, and all of the sudden, he hops off the side of the thing like the lone ranger or something and started to surf down the street beside the bike. That's when things went wrong. I'm not sure what happened. All I know is that he and the bike got in a huge scap and guess they couldn't resolve their differences cuz they both went their seperate ways. This poor guy went skidding on his back across the pavement, up over a small curb, across some grass and just as if he'd planned it hehit a lamp post with his lower back and hyper-extended himself yoga style untill he was damn near kicking himself in the head from behind.

I dunno how he walked awsy from that one cuz I was scared for him. I went running over there to help, but by the time I got there, which was only 60 ft. away, he was already walking it off. Then he finished the trick. What a trooper!

Small world hey!

G
#23 ·
Jonny rebar said:
That is so fuked up. I went to that link and watched the trailer. That first dude that was talking about hiting a pole and wrapping himself around it. I was right there. I was building a wharehouse out by Anacis Island, by the Concrete batch plant, and we were coming back from lunch on a Saturday. This Black gixxer went flying by and it just looked a little dif. I'd never seen a stunt bike before so I didn't know what it was. Anywho, the guy pulled over and talked to us about what he was doing. Super nice dude. Then he asked us if we wanted to see some tricks. So he went down the street and started making passes in front of us. Doing the standard stuff. You know, cat walks, stoppies, that sort of stuff. So he comes in for a pass, and all of the sudden, he hops off the side of the thing like the lone ranger or something and started to surf down the street beside the bike. That's when things went wrong. I'm not sure what happened. All I know is that he and the bike got in a huge scap and guess they couldn't resolve their differences cuz they both went their seperate ways. This poor guy went skidding on his back across the pavement, up over a small curb, across some grass and just as if he'd planned it hehit a lamp post with his lower back and hyper-extended himself yoga style untill he was damn near kicking himself in the head from behind.

I dunno how he walked awsy from that one cuz I was scared for him. I went running over there to help, but by the time I got there, which was only 60 ft. away, he was already walking it off. Then he finished the trick. What a trooper!

Small world hey!
Allow me to introduce to you... the great Mr. Israel Gonzales :rockon

#24 ·
thundergod said:
Allow me to introduce to you... the great Mr. Israel Gonzales :rockon[/QUOTE

I wanna learn how to do that shit, but my bike is so pretty and I wanna keep it that way. You know it's only on its third paint job. Aside from being rammed by a mini van while I was on it, being backed into by a saturn and flung 10 feet, having a six and a half foot pedesrian jump out in front of me and hitting him, highsiding it and bouncing the tank off a huge rock on the sunshine coast, dropping it off the stand, and having the asphault deepthrout my kickstand about about a half dozen times, she's mint. I don't wanna scratch her.

But yeah he was good. They should do cirque de soliel with bikes!

G
#25 ·
Jonny rebar said:
thundergod said:
Allow me to introduce to you... the great Mr. Israel Gonzales :rockon[/QUOTE

I wanna learn how to do that shit, but my bike is so pretty and I wanna keep it that way. You know it's only on its third paint job. Aside from being rammed by a mini van while I was on it, being backed into by a saturn and flung 10 feet, having a six and a half foot pedesrian jump out in front of me and hitting him, highsiding it and bouncing the tank off a huge rock on the sunshine coast, dropping it off the stand, and having the asphault deepthrout my kickstand about about a half dozen times, she's mint. I don't wanna scratch her.

But yeah he was good. They should do cirque de soliel with bikes!

I'll let you know next time we're doing a stunt session and I guarantee you won't be able to stop yourself from trying something ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.