The time has come and I have decided to sell my baby. My wife and I are working towards our first home so it's for a 'good' cause!
1998 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic BLACK
Custom Work / Parts:
- Painted BLACK by Borderline Cycles summer 2004
- Rear fender's stock turn signal assembly was removed, extra holes filled for a smooth, clean look
- Hard Krome Equalizer Staggered Straights full exhaust system
- Baron BAK (Big Air Kit) w/ stock pilots and 125 main jets
- Baron 6" drag bars - wires run internally
- Baron chrome tachometer
- Baron mini silver bullet signal lights front and rear
- Kuryakyn iso-grips and footpegs
- Corbin Boulevard solo saddle (sexy low-profile seat that's comfy!)
- Flanders chrome levers
- Gafler steel braided brake and throttle lines, clutch cable
- Bad Sport Racing vertical sidemount licence plate (super trick! cops have never given me a hard time)
- Yamaha chrome rear fender struts - 1998 didn't come with chrome!
- Exposed wires coverd with chrome wire loom
**above parts were installed by either Imperial Motorcycles or Borderline Custom Cycles
I purchased this bike (my first) back in 2003 with 47,183 kms on the dial. The young man I purchased it from was the second owner and he basically had it in storage (properly) for 6 months - he rode it for a total of 2 months prior. He purchased it from Richmond Motorsports. The local original owner did quite a bit of touring on this bike and surprisingly when I brought it in for it's first tune-up (out of hibernation) to Pacific Yamaha the techs instantly recognized her - dunno how!
Have I dropped her? The answer is YES - the first and only time I dropped her was the second day I had her and it was in a parking lot at basically a standstill. No damage except a bent shifter which was later replaced.The ego is still a little bruised =P
I insured her for 6 months (May to Nov) out of each year. I'm not gonna say I never rode her in the rain as I did get caught in it more times than I wanted!
Service Maintenance / Condition:
All major service/tune-ups were done by Pacific Yamaha. The last major servicing was done in May of 2005 by Pacific Yamaha. She has been insured since May of this year but to be honest I have had no time to ride and have ridden her less than a dozen times.
New front tire and brakes were put on Summer 2004. Lots left on both.
Aside from small scratches from regular use the tins and finish are in fantastic shape. The front fender has the most noticeable battle scars as on top are two chips (flying rocks!) and a small dent in the front edge from when a pickup truck decided to keep backing up - just a tap.
Performance-wise she is running excellent and continues to haul ass! I've had no problems with her mechanically. I love this bike!!!
This is truly my baby and I would love to see her go to someone who will treat her as I did. She was a great labor of love and I hope someone can appreciate what I've done with her. The Yamaha V-Star is a bullet proof bike. She's an awesome ride!
$4900 CAD OBO
I'm extremely motivated to sell! I'll consider all reasonable offers!
Please email me email@example.com or call me 778-288-7160 if you're interested! I'll have more pics available soon!
Thanks for your time =)