Street dirt bike helmets

Thread: Street dirt bike helmets

Registered User Array
    Bike
    None

Street dirt bike helmets

I know there are dirt bike helmets that are street legal, but could anyone suggest one that is safe, fairly priced and that I can trust for both dirt biking and riding on the streets?

I currently dirt bike, but am about to get my class 6L, so I need a new helmet without having to buy two different helmets for both. The helmet I use now for dirt biking is worn and old (in need of replacement).
    Last edited by jcwwong87; 08-20-2006 at 04:07 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    I use to use my dirtbike helmet for street-riding when I had the 'tard. I have a couple "street" helmets too, but I just liked the way the dirt helmet looked.

As for safety, as long as the helmet meets DOT safety requirements, it should be okay. Other than that, you're pretty much just paying for comfort, venting, style, brand, etc. I'm not sure if dirtbike helmets are Snell certified due to their chin-guards...but if you see the Snell sticker on the dirtbike helmet you're looking at - then you should definately be okay.

Arai also offers this dirt/street helmet which would probably be your best option. Pricey though.

Arai XD:
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

es ist orange und bellt Array barking pumpkin's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 KTM 540SM
    Attachment 45457

I have the HJC Dawg 3 and use it both on the track and street...it's just plane cool looking! And it's far more affordable than any of the good Japanese buckets.

Bike
    Your mama...(late model)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harps
    I use to use my dirtbike helmet for street-riding when I had the 'tard. I have a couple "street" helmets too, but I just liked the way the dirt helmet looked.

As for safety, as long as the helmet meets DOT safety requirements, it should be okay. Other than that, you're pretty much just paying for comfort, venting, style, brand, etc. I'm not sure if dirtbike helmets are Snell certified due to their chin-guards...but if you see the Snell sticker on the dirtbike helmet you're looking at - then you should definately be okay.

Arai also offers this dirt/street helmet which would probably be your best option. Pricey though.

Arai XD:
    ooohhhhh I like that hat! How much do ya figure one of those goes for?
    “……If a chick sits on your face and you can't hear the stereo anymore...she's too fat! --The Machinist.

Bike
    RC
    Quote Originally Posted by slowzuki
    $750-800 unless someone up there likes you. Watch for too big a visor on the street, it tends to catch air and shake your head like a dog with a rat when you get up to speed.

African BCSB Rep. Array PitScar's Avatar
    Bike
    Nothing :( SStolen DRZ400S. Previously 2007 Suzuki TF-125, DRZ350SE, and 81 KX125
    Ive got a Queen Kwan/ARC A-701. Picked it up from Fifth Gear... I have a pointy forehead and this is the only helmet, of all helmets Ive ever tried for street and dirt, that does not create an uncomfortable pressure point there.

Plus it looks cool as hell, and was only $110 bucks!!!

Stuck in Africa. Follow here or here.

_f_,_ _f_,_
    (_)`(_) (_)`(_) Sweet I drew bikes.

African BCSB Rep. Array PitScar's Avatar
    Bike
    Nothing :( SStolen DRZ400S. Previously 2007 Suzuki TF-125, DRZ350SE, and 81 KX125
    Oh, and its DOT and ECE approved too :
    Stuck in Africa. Follow here or here.

_f_,_ _f_,_
    (_)`(_) (_)`(_) Sweet I drew bikes.

Registered Looser Array Tystixxx's Avatar
    Bike
    KTM supermoto,KTM adv.(soon to be a supermoto),Honda 50
    Quote Originally Posted by slowzuki
    mine cost about $900 a couple of years ago check ebay you'll find em cheeper, the japan model is cooler looking. its one of the best investments i've made awsome helmut take the beak off for hiway or take the shield off and use goggles. i have a dark shield and at night i use goggles with the shield up
    SILLY SPORTBIKES, CITYS ARE FOR 'TARDS!