The fun is over...or is it?

Thread: The fun is over...or is it?

the helmet on my head Array QDball's Avatar
    no bike anymore

The fun is over...or is it?

Today was my last day of insurance and the weather was pretty nice for my ride up to SFU. I looked at the forecast for the next 5 days and it said sunny through the weekend...damn!...since my sticker on my insurance says OCT you think I should take the chance and go out for a ride even though my papers say it's expired?

I'm so tempted...but what if? Are the rewards greater than the costs? Or it is the other way around? I don't really want to extend my insurance because I'm getting a student season's pass for Whistler...hey anyone getting a pass as well that wants to head up during the week?
    Q...not Cue...not Que...just the letter Q

Registered User Array Good old Pete's Avatar
    2010 Z1000
    Your life. How much money you got in the bank?
    When speeding run from the cops, it's a lesser infraction.

2014 FZ-09
    Don't do it, I've said it before but a guy who works for us already had a $10,000 guaranishee he just paid off and another $25,000 one started right after. All that because he didn't want to pay off his tickets and insured his car through his friend (ICBC voided his insurance when he got in an accident).

Not worth it IMO.........

the colored sticker at the bottom may say OCT, but dont forget the little number sticker that shows the exact expiry date. Not worth it man, if shit happens and you get in an accident and get sued for a million bucks or so you be screwed for life. Take a day or two permit if you wanna ride that bad.

Ringgdingdingdingdingding Array Bean's Avatar
    Near D/T Calgary (Bankview)
    Blue '89 RZ350 (street)
    Get a 3 day permit for the weekend, about $75 I think!!

R.I.P Bog and Julia. R.I.P. Cody

First Gen BCSB'er #549 -- Was WMRC #761 2005 -- If you have a bike, RIDE IT! If not, stay home. -- Do not click here ------> Click here

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    none at the moment
    so not worthed , don't ride without insurance , I think it's something like 575 $ if you get caught The pavement is pretty cold these days so it's easy to have an accident by yourself and then there's the cagers , don't do it.
    2010 can't affort a bike anymore
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 VFR
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    Don't ride w/o insurance. It just isn't worth the huge potential problems.
    I've already bought two day permits. One more this month and I may as well have insured it for another month.
    Stupid awesome early winter weather...
    Next year, April to October.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.