MotoGP Silly Season Predictions - Post them here!

Thread: MotoGP Silly Season Predictions - Post them here!

Bike
    ZX6R street, SV 650 Race

MotoGP Silly Season Predictions - Post them here!

Here are my unedumacated predictions:

Tamada - Gone, will run some sort of Japanese series

Edwards - Stays one more season with Yamaha because Vale wants him there and thinks Stoner is too young

Stoner - gets Tamada sponsorship

Biaggi - rides for Ilmor

Byrne - rides for Ilmor

Toseland or Hodgson - replaces Cardoso on the satelite Ducati

Somehow finding somewhere to ride are Dovizioso and Jorge Lorenzo.

Ben Spies considers (but maybe turns down?) KR211V

Ellison is gone

Discuss!
    WMRC #12
    WMRC Treasurer 2006 - 2008
    WMRC President 2008 - 2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Shiftless clutcher Array ZoomaFoo's Avatar
    Bike
    '01 GSX-R600 race bike
    I don't know about the other riders mentioned, but Spies has already signed up for another two years in the AMA with Yoshimura Suzuki, and Edwards is strongly rumoured to be returning to World Superbike in 2007 to ride the new R1 on a team with Nori Haga.
    "When in doubt, FLAT OUT!"

Bike
    04 GSX-R600
    Quote Originally Posted by Focker
    Here are my unedumacated predictions:

Tamada - Gone, will run some sort of Japanese series

Edwards - Stays one more season with Yamaha because Vale wants him there and thinks Stoner is too young

Stoner - gets Tamada sponsorship

Biaggi - rides for Ilmor

Byrne - rides for Ilmor

Toseland or Hodgson - replaces Cardoso on the satelite Ducati

Somehow finding somewhere to ride are Dovizioso and Jorge Lorenzo.

Ben Spies considers (but maybe turns down?) KR211V

Ellison is gone

Discuss!

Tamada, - gone like you say....i think the team will fold....if not it will be another japanese rider
    Ellison - back to british sbk
    Elias - replaced by Lorenzo
    Edwards - world sbk
    Stoner - to factory yamaha
    Dovisioso - somewhere
    Biaggi - Ilmore (maybe Byrne also)

Spies is afraid of flying so i don't think he'll be there
    Hodgson - definitely not...he said he would never go back unless it was a good team

Bike
    ZX6R street, SV 650 Race
    I was thinking Elias was going to get sacked but the announcers make him sound like he's the next big thing.

I think Lorenzo would be good on that team. With the new 800, the satelite Ducati team COULD be competitive. Toseland is young enough to be stepping up into the GP scene.

Too bad for Colin, he never did find his form on the GP bikes and with the new 250 style of riding the smaller 800, he is likely to be even less competitive.

Be nice to see the FIM have minimum weight be bike and rider together like F1, that would even the playing field a bit with Melandri, Pedrossa etc.
    WMRC #12

Shiftless clutcher Array ZoomaFoo's Avatar
    Bike
    '01 GSX-R600 race bike
    Yeah, Edwards has raced 250s before, but not since the early '90s, and his entire career since then up until MotoGP had been on 'stop, turn, point and squirt' superbikes.
    "When in doubt, FLAT OUT!"

Registered User Array mikeelliot's Avatar
    Bike
    GSX-R600
    Quote Originally Posted by duncc
    Spies is afraid of flying so i don't think he'll be there
    He flew to VIR for the last race.

And also signed a 2 year deal to stay in AMA Superbike.

Biaggi - Couldnt even get on Teds endurance team.

return of the Kneedragger Array warp9racing's Avatar
    Bike
    07 zx6r
    i think team KR211V wanted to bikes this year and wanted curtis to ride for em, but They never managed to get two bikes on the grid.
    i'm not sure Spies why signed on again, although he could probably win the championship this year and maybe more...but will he always be in mladin's shadow?
    stoner to yamaha would be a great move although he seems to push to hard and crashes often.
    what about team Foggy?lol
    07 Monster Kawaski zx6r -"Dorothy"

Akra-PCIII-CW-CA-KR-Puig-Galfer-Vortex-HID-AMA Monster SS Rep-jumper-pazzo-Bstones-techspec-attack-gpr-drive systems

Berik-Shark-Astars-Sidi-Icon-Teknic-UnderAmour

Bike
    ZX6R street, SV 650 Race
    I still don't think Stoner will go to Yamaha, although it would give him a reason for not beating Pedrosa.
    WMRC #12

Bike
    07 zx6r
    actually now that i think about it, WHEN spies leaves AMA, it will be even duller, with yamaha returning next year, then hopefully ducati comes back a year later, then it should make for a better series, hopefully mladin retires by then

Akra-PCIII-CW-CA-KR-Puig-Galfer-Vortex-HID-AMA Monster SS Rep-jumper-pazzo-Bstones-techspec-attack-gpr-drive systems

New chain...Soo smooth... Array Black Sunshine's Avatar
    Bike
    R1
    Not too sure how next year will pan out yet, lots of unknowns still...

Sete is DONE like dinner - send him home.
    Stoner possibly to Yamaha?
    Biaggi: So well-done that I've forgotten about him already.

The 800's will make an interesting start to next year - I think the speeds will be approx. the same, but the riding 'style' will probably be less 'point & squirt' and more about braking finesse and carrying corner speed.

I will be happy as long as that Kentucky dum-fucky doesn't take the championship...
    Tune-up Tip: If you can't fix it with a hammer, then you must have an electrical problem.

Member #827 Array CrotchRocketeer's Avatar
    Bike
    10R
    Gibernau has another year on his contract @ Marlboro Ducati. Sadly, he's not going anywhere. Toseland should wait a year for Gibernau to get sacked before trying to jump to MotoGP. That way he could get on the factory team rather than a satellite team. Ducati has "approved" Toseland to ride for them in GP next year on the satellite team if he wishes to do so.

Tamada should be canned, his sponsors combining with Stoner's and Barros' to make a fully backed team. Bring back Barros to mentor the kid and watch out.

Edwards should go back to WSBK, he's too old and slow to be competetive in MotoGP compared to the current competition. I also want to see him and Bayliss bash heads on level playing ground again.

Big question will be how stupid Honda is after this year. Haydens contract is up and not yet been renewed. Honda (being cocky Honda) feels that if he doesn't win the championship this year he won't at all since "he's had 4 years on the best bike". Pedrosa is their man with the Spanish REPSOL connection. If Hayden wins the championship Honda will resign him, they won't earn the number 1 plate then watch it run around on a different bike the following year. If Hayden doesn't do it Ducati has offered him a ride, and rumours of a move to Yamaha are also floating around. He and Rossi (though serious rivals this season) have been teammates before and get along well. Yamaha have been after Hayden since mid 2002.

Biaggi has been linked to Ilmor as has been said. But whether or not that will happen remains to be seen. If they are able to run 2 bikes then an English rider would occupy the second spot. Toseland would be comitting career suicide by jumping on a totally new and undeveloped bike with no GP experience. Byrne went from hero to zero in 2 years flat riding for Aprilia and KTM, which sucked cause I'm a Byrne fan. I wish his contract had been with KR and not KTM so that he could have ridden the Honda powered bike Junior is riding now. But regardless I believe Byrne signed a 2 year deal with Crecent Suzuki in BSB, so he'd be there for one more year and not riding the Ilmor.
    Last edited by CrotchRocketeer; 09-02-2006 at 02:17 AM.

Bike
    07 zx6r
    its too bad edwards never found his game in motoGP, if he returned to SBK and teamed with HAGA that would be AWESOME! Sete's done too, just weighing down the ducati team for now ever since rossi put that curse on him.

honda is foolish if they let hayden go, although Pedrosa's gonna be champ sooner or later and probably push him off the team. it would be cool if hayden got a ride on the yamaha in 07/08, but kawi should sign em and should bring up tommy hayden!, not sure if that would make good racing but it would be cool to see a Hayden brother VS Roberts battle.

Learning the hard way. Array skroonk's Avatar
    Bike
    N/A
    What the fuck is up with Hayden's eyebrows? Streamlined?

I can't look at him for more than 1.5 seconds or I start to get creeped out.
    WLF
    Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube ~ Hunter S Thompson.
    RideInPeace #48 Shoya Tomizawa (December 10, 1990 – September 5, 2010) ~ First Moto2 Legend.