My Rant!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Rant!

Supporting Sponsor/Vendor Array BooBoo11's Avatar
    Bike
    1994 Kawasaki Concours

My Rant!

Okay lots of other people have had their rants so it my turn.

You know how so many people on this site are all over squids for not wearing gear, well I've been known to semi-squid once or twice when its really ()#)#) hot out. But what really gets my bag is these ()#)#)# eating scooter drivers..they never wear anything remotely resembling gear and are usually wearing thongs and #*#* shorts with maybe a wife beater for good luck. Well today I'm driving along 2nd ave to Granville Island and theres 3 scooter boys driving like absolute idiots wearing the standard SCOOTER SAFETY GEAR as noted above... and one has a passenger thats a young girl and at about 35 mph she's grabbing the guy on the other scooters wife beater and yanking him around so he's swerving and shit. I felt like going over and kicking some scooter ass. But really why should we as bikers have to wear gear and act safe while scooter drivers seem to be perfectly acceptible as long as their wearing a frickin shirt and pants!

THERE THATS MY RANT!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

McKenzie
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo11
    THERE THATS MY RANT!
    whoa, good one.

Registered User Array Jester666's Avatar
    Bike
    1966 Honda Dream305 1976 Honda CB550
    i wish I got 'yanked around' by my girl when I ride.....

Bike
    Honda. Still. Again.
    Oh yeah?!?

To make it even worse, what about these people who ride these things:
    http://www.daymak.com/bikes-toronto/...mainint.html&2

It looks like a scooter, it rides like a scooter, however, some people in my town ride them on the street like a scooter. Not with any license or insurance, natch. Just to confuse matters, others in this little burg ride them up and down the sidewalks, with the pudding bowl helmets.

Is it a scooter or not a scooter. Heck, you're not allowed to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk, shouldn't ride one of these either, much less acting like a complete and total anarchist/moron while doing it.

Softailgranny
    yeah, they sell them at the bike show in abby. I hate these things and "pocket" bikes.

Bike
    bike
    I hate heritage classics
    Too sexy for this forum.

Bike
    your girlfriend
    lmao you guys. let them ride their own rides, we are all adults, and make adult decisions. not everybody foks the same way. i had a nice laugh once on north road, this guy pulls up beside me on his electric bicycle, wearing flip flops, wife beater, a baseball cap backwards underneath a bicycle helmet. we had small talk at the light, then he proceeded to hold up the slow lane, while riding down the lougheed highway. it was amusing to say the least
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PART OF A BIKE, IS THE NUT THAT CONNECTS THE SEAT, TO THE HANDLEBARS.

OMFG Must Win At Tag Array Jesse Waldorf's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 650S

Yeah so I squid to subway from work. But never in real traffic.

Hungry its lunch time and my keys in my pocked and helmet on the bike. But my gears in the trailer. I leave the driveway turn right one block then take the first right again one block and park. Eat and ride back. Yeah I know I know I'm lazy, but beyond that I can't even get out of first gear.

I guess if they wear a DOT helmet I can't say much. As long as they don't top 50km/h.

Wonder if these scooter-er's (riders? are they called that? LOL) have any idea what a wipe out feels like even at 30km/h. I have done it on dirt (no gear) and can't imagine on real road, must be like randomly applying a belt sander with 80 grit paper to various body parts.

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    I watched a couple go down the main drag in osoyoos sans helmets. oh well. i'd say it sounds like you need a beer paul. tgif man.
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

myside.yourside.myside Array bluenote's Avatar
    Bike
    sold :/
    Quote Originally Posted by BooBoo11
    Okay lots of other people have had their rants so it my turn.
    You know how so many people on this site are all over squids for not wearing gear, well I've been known to semi-squid once or twice when its really ()#)#) hot out.
    [...blah blah blah]
    . But really why should we as bikers have to wear gear and act safe while scooter drivers seem to be perfectly acceptible as long as their wearing a frickin shirt and pants!

THERE THATS MY RANT!
    1) You don't "have to" wear anything.
    2) Congratulations, you are now "one of those people all over squids"
    3) Please, the squid threads are enough. Let the scooter guys alone.

Cory

Bike
    1987 Ninja 600R
    mad the scooter guy is getting the young girls?

and Adam112. you are my effing hero

Tenacious
    Nice Rant. Guess what, no one fucking cares.

Fast Pack Slow Guy Array Tattoodles's Avatar
    Bike
    A privileged sufferer settling for an Italian motorcycle
    Saw a dude stopped on his scooter on Robson the other morning. He was wearing naught but his underwear (boxer briefs), flip flops and that's it and talking on his cel phone which he somehow attached to his underwear when he was done talking.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    05 cbr1000rr repsol, 05 Yamaha BW50
    No one cares? So true. But when I ride my scooter I wear work boots ,gloves and my Arai rx7. But then I am not young and don't live in the city. Actually I would feel safer on my CBR 1000rr nude. At least you can get out of the way of trouble. This ain't Europe and scooter don't get any respect. I got stopped by a cop because I was being to aggressive on my scooter. I think I was up to a mind blowing 35kph. What a joke. But let Scooter riders fall down at 30kph and after one tussle with the bitumen they will change their habits or quit.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    yes
    Some of you guys will get stomach ulcers before getting to the middle age, I suppose.

Just leave others alone and let them do what they want to do. You would do better if you spend all this energy and mental exertion on improving your riding technique.

Then everybody will be safer if that is what you want so badly, I am sure.