BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Scott and Sav adventure #4 - Duffy in a Cage

8K views 65 replies 19 participants last post by  PUREVIL 
#1 ·
Well, since my bike's getting some trick work done I was feeling the need to get the hell out of dodge and at least give the car a bit of attention. So after a late saturday night installing a racing steering wheel and gear shift lever from OMP; I had to test out my new gear before I hit the track on October 4th, so I figured the Duffy was a good way to do it. I called a buddy to go, and sure enough the Porsche club was heading up on the very same day. So @ 7:00 a.m. we headed out.

FYI: SAV and I forgot our camera, so there really aren't any pics of us.

Pit in Pemberton

Checking Oil in Pemberton (I had to move all my nicely folded clothes to get down to my oil canisters... it's not usually THAT messy under the boot!)

New Cayman (1500km at the start of the trip)

3 generations of 911

3.2 Carrera's (mine's in the middle)

3.2's again

Duffy Lake

Lillooet

Overall it was a good time... not really any rain and not a SINGLE cop! And I was surprised, these guys could really drive.

You'd think a porsche club would be full of a bunch of snobby pricks, but if you consider the fact that most of these cars can be had for $15,000 to $50,000 it's not that out of reach. and the cayman was the only car worth 80+.
All in all, it was a good time.... for a cage ;)

See less See more
#48 ·
I was playing Dungeons and Dragons and totally missed a round table about driving! Here's me in my MC12 annihilating all comers on the S2S Sunday AM. This is up near Pembie

But seriously, I was out for a ride Sunday not too early. Saw one cruiser, saw one silver/red Beemer, saw one group of 3 KTM Adventure, some sliver sport tourer and something else (KTM distracted me). No sport bikes! Just a kid on a 600RR on the upper levels who would pass, and slow down and then pass and slow down again. Either he went to the Fairy, or turnered around for home at Horseshoe Bay and the rain.

#50 ·
I see a couple 944S (or were they S2?). I thought front engine Porsches werent considered Porsche by the purist. How did they fair with all the rear engine cars there?

#54 · (Edited)
Wait wait where did you see and 997 GT3 RS? As far as I know the RS model is in the works. Im guess (could be wrong as usual) that you saw a 997 GT3. The RS is supposed to be lighter with the Carrera 4s wider rear fenders and tires.

I like the Gt3 because its more race oriented. The turbo is nice, but I prefer more raw/purer driving experience. Plus the GT3 has to handle much better with out the extra weight of the AWD system in the Turbo. Its funny as cars get more expensive, they less they have. I love the 360CS because its more barebones than the 360. Same with the GT3 VS the Turbo. But thats me.

#66 ·
What about Formula 1? I know ferrari had a domination the last few years but Im curious about the overall winner? Any ideas?

Phildo I never said the Ferrari was a drag racer? IM talking about the Corvette with its viet. suspension. HAHAHA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.