to kamloops and back and tragedy close to home

Thread: to kamloops and back and tragedy close to home

I ain't not no genius Array gixxerboygenius's Avatar
    Bike
    05 RSV R, k6 600, k5 1000, secret

to kamloops and back and tragedy close to home

as posted in 'interior riders' section and islandriders.ca...

my buddy chris and i had an awesome ride to loops and back. highway nirvana. had a delay in langley, getting new diablos put on the gixxer 1000. decied to since my battleax's were down to wearbars and it looked like it might rain. in fact, the weather stayed perfect the whole trip. we took agassiz to hope, then hwy 1. coming back on sunday we took old hwy to merrit then merrit to spences bridge then to agassiz again then through mission. it was a 'spirited' ride to say the least. we had to stop lots to stretch though. zero cops till i got 1 block from my mom's house haha! a dodgy cat saved me from flying by him though. on the way back different story. YALE is always a speed trap it seems. we made it through there and saw several on hwy 7 between agassiz and mission. the diablo supersports are nice btw.

on a sad and tragic note,
    a lifelong friend and guy i sorta grew up with, was killed on his bike in vancouver friday night. i was informed when i arrived at my mom's on saturday night in loops. his family is very close to ours. i did not even know he had taken up riding. he brought his new bike up to loops this summer i am told. i am still waiting for details. I am deeply saddened by this. i wish i had had a chance to ride with him and experience his joy in the sport.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    i will post a name and some more info when i have facts.

Bike
    bike
    I am sorry to hear this. RIP Rider.
    Too sexy for this forum.

AKA Martini-girl!! Array martigirl73's Avatar
    Bike
    it goes fast...thats all you need to know
    Thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends...

How'd I end up here? Array bcgirlrider's Avatar
    Bike
    '03 VFR 800 (his name is Zeus!)
    Sorry to hear about another tragedy - sincerest condolences to the family and friends.
    Live life like you mean it!

Bike
    2007 GSX-R750
    RIP rider...never gets any easier.
    "Nitrous is like a hot girl with STD’s… You know you want to hit it, but you’re afraid of the consequences"

2007 Suzuki GSX-R 750
    2014 BMW X5 xDrive 35d M Sport
    2007 Audi A4 S-Line

contradiction incarnate Array slam's Avatar
    Bike
    TBA
    R.I.P. rider
    nobody gets out alive

Bike
    thanks for all your kind words and friendship everyone. i've had trouble getting through to his parents, understandably. so far all i know from my grandmother, is that a drunk driver hit him. words cannot express how i feel about that. i've had to counsel too many grieving parents in recent years.

heres a link to his obit. i was surprised to see that he was older than me. all my life i thought we were the same age. he was deaf and overcame adversity so well throughout life. he was a strong person.
    http://www.legacy.com/can-vancouver...rsonId=19461337

User And Abuser Array alternateimpact's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 CBR 600 F4i
    Darrin, I am gald you had a safe trip there and back...despite the hiccups we had up until we branched off in Langley.

and on the other note, I am very sorry to hear about the tradgedy involving your friend. I life taken at the hands of an idiot cager whos had too much to drink is a hard thing to accept. I hope they throw the book at him...which probably will be nothing more than a fine and probation. as usual, you can call me anytime bro.

Cory

The Philosopher King Array Frapps's Avatar
    Bike
    83 RG250 Gamma//95Kawi ZX6
    RIP rider my heart goes out to his family and friends
    G.B. Shaw: We are made wise not by the recollection of our past but by the responsibility for our future
    Miguel Ruiz: Death is not the biggest fear we have our biggest fear is taking the risk to be alive and express what we really are

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    Really sorry to hear about this, Darren. Though your ride took you along the same routes a group of us took on Saturday, ours didn't end with bad news awaiting for our arrival. I know you've been through a lot in the 'losses' department so if it helps: I'll be thinkin' of you (and the rider's family) and invite ya to call me if you need an ear to blast at.

-Charles
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.