Need to order phone lines for business, no fixed address
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need to order phone lines for business, no fixed address

Bike
    I'm just here for the intelligent conversation.

Need to order phone lines for business, no fixed address

Basically, I need to order 2 regular phone lines and one toll-free number that I can put on my assistant's cards and forward them to their phones. That way, if they leave my business I can retain control over the calls and forward the calls back to me.

Any advice on a cheap solution to my problem?

Bike
    VTR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Scott View Post
    Basically, I need to order 2 regular phone lines and one toll-free number that I can put on my assistant's cards and forward them to their phones. That way, if they leave my business I can retain control over the calls and forward the calls back to me.

Any advice on a cheap solution to my problem?
    Give your assistant's an extension and keep the primary business number the same on all cards. If somebody leaves, you route that extension back to your line.

doug
    call telus and have them set it up.

or call primus, or any other competitive phone provider. they can set it up rather fast.

you can have an 800 number overlap pretty much any regular number. it's essentially call forwarded for you.

Bike
    Ninja 1000
    Sounds like a boiler room to me....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by VanDave View Post
    Give your assistant's an extension and keep the primary business number the same on all cards. If somebody leaves, you route that extension back to your line.
    That sounds quite nice... Telus will do that rather easily?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by elevation View Post
    Sounds like a boiler room to me....
    You want a job? I could use another coffee chick!

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    they are called "centrex" lines, and yes, Telus can do those (extensions). You can also look into virtual numbers with companies like Vonage. Then you can forward them to any number, and YOU always maintain control via a website. You can even view usage stats in real-time.
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Bike
    VTR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Scott View Post
    That sounds quite nice... Telus will do that rather easily?
    I have no idea who does it, but you might need special phones or other equipment. I'm sure Telus can point you in the right direction.

Bike
    ZX6R street, SV 650 Race
    Have you looked into an answering service? A client of mine uses it with great success, I believe you can also set it with them to have the call go straight to you.
    WMRC #12
    WMRC Treasurer 2006 - 2008
    WMRC President 2008 - 2010

Bike
    CBR600F4i SOLD!
    I hd this setup thru telus this year. it worked well (once the set it up properly) but it cost a few bucks, so I wouldn't call it cheap. Particularly if you have telus change the call forwarding numbers for you several times. If another company can do the same then I'd recommend checking it out. It took a good couple days before Telus had me setup right and it was agravating working with them.
    My Photo Gallery!

R.I.P. Danimal

Bike
    Inbetween bikes now. Thanks for bringing up bad feelings.
    My company has worked in a virtual office for almost 4 years. We recently moved into an office.

We got 2 business lines and a toll free line from Telus and assigned extensions which were forwarded to our own phones in our home offices. The phone system could be accessed and managed remotely when people came or left the company.

Call them and they can set it up. Not a lot of hassle once you have it setup.
    Life is an STD with no cure and 100% fatality rate.

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SnoDragon View Post
    they are called "centrex" lines, and yes, Telus can do those (extensions). You can also look into virtual numbers with companies like Vonage. Then you can forward them to any number, and YOU always maintain control via a website. You can even view usage stats in real-time.
    Meaning: you can monitor the exact useage of the 'extensions', whether in outgoing or incoming calls. I'd also suggest you use the contact management program ''ACT!"; its not only a kick-ass way to manage business relationships... it can also log user times, keystroke counts, etc.

Yah, pretty evil, I know. But it pays for my toys.
    It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Beer League Racer/Asshole Array SnoDragon's Avatar
    Bike
    MTS1200S
    Yep, we run act too! It is one of the cheaper, yet very effective customer relationship management tools out there!
    WMRC #42
    Sponsors:
    MSpeed Performance
    Motorcycle World
    RMR Suspensions

~If you can't change your situation, change your attitude. If you can't change your attitude, change your situation~

Registered User Array
    Bike
    03 600RR
    Scott, don't order Centrex. These lines cost too much. TELUS can do what you are asking for very easily. Simply order the amount of numbers you need (you will need a fixed address for billing purposes) and have them call forward those numbers to a number you give them. This can all be done via programming in the switch. Trust me, I work for TELUS and did a stint in Assignment/Activations during the strike last year. PM me if you want additional details.

Registered User Array the bartender's Avatar
    Bike
    Husaberg FS570, Aprilia Tuono V4R
    Quote Originally Posted by Biketon View Post
    I turned to Bell Voice solutions and I’m happy with since the price is affordable and support is awesome! Voice over Ip is the new standard for business
    die spammer die.