BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Snapperhead's goin racin'

3K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  WillyDarrin 
#1 ·
To all those in the 'Loops area that still need to ride.
Not sure if this is the best place for this post but should be alright.
As some of you have heard, I've been introduced to the wacky world of
mini-motard. This is almost as good as Anarchist... no cops either.
Any whoo Sunday October 29th 11-3 at Kamloops Go-Karts I've arranged for a demo day to hook you other guys(and Gals) and give me somebody to bash bars with other than Dean. Track owner is probably gonna get ya 4 20 bucks-track liability and their closin' the course to cars. Trust me It's worth it. Bring whatever gear ya got I'm hopin for 3-9 bikes to be available.
Call me at the shop for more info 250-828-2750

#3 ·
let me get this straight.

for 20 bucks we get to demo "mini-motard" bikes (i'll have to look some up) at the go-kart track for four hours (depending on how many go)...

sounds about right?
sounds about f'ing awesome!

do you have any links to products or pictures or something to give me an idea of what to expect? thanks

#4 ·
K guys as you are all aware, my puter skills suck. Don't actually ride much better. but for photos you can go to WWW.minimotard.org as far as product links. not really sure just learning myself. The SDG site for the ones we have is down. But, type in mini motard into your favorite search and you'll find lots.

G
#5 ·
Damn, that looks like a load of fun! I can't believe I could have been watching this stuff all summer out in Malakawa! I think I will mark it on my calender for sure, I love to ride different stuff for cheap!:rockon

Is this a rain or shine kind of deal?

#6 ·
ok, i'm pretty sure this is going to be the most fun EVER!

do i need to find a motocross-style helmet? is regular street gear ok?
are you guys going to make fun of my leather chaps?

who makes these kinds of bikes? how much are they?
what is the meaning of life?

#8 ·
I would love to go to that on sunday but all my gear is down in coquitlam cause i leave my bike there in the winter. I was wondering if there might be somewhere to rent gear for the day or something like that. If anyone knows somewhere that does let me know please.

#12 ·
OK people.
I know the weathers gettin kinda iffy but I spoke to the track owner today and we're still a go rain or shine. I know for sure that we'll have three bikes I still have to confirm the others but I'm sending the same message to my supplier. If you have a camera (digital) could you bring it. promo photos/web sites and the like.

#17 ·
Guys,
Thanks to all that made it out. Single digit temps be damned. Now that I can finally feel my fingers. Great big thanks to Dave Chambers for bringing his rides. All 8 bikes ran for just about 4 hours nonstop.
Stacey at Kamloops Go-Karts has offered up track usage all year if we want to brave the temps, as long as the snow isn't stuck to the ground (we all know how much that area gets). To EOS there will be a series next spring. Currently I'm working on 1 night a week test and tune and 1 day a month for an actual race. Also hope to do a series - Vernon, Westbank, Malakwa and here. For more info you can reach me at the shop 250-828-2750 or Email me at jim@kamloopsyamaha.com.

#19 ·
correct me if i'm wrong, but it is a regular thing, but on your own machine. this happened to be a demo day for SDG mini bikes. go to www.minimotard.org to get the lowdown on schedules and rates for season passes and daily passes.

bottom line, you gotta have a bike. as soon as i hit it big, i'm buying the big boy--the 125cc.

still sore,
luke
:rockon

#23 ·
Hey, I missed you guys that day (drove by about 4:30pm, getting dark and really cold and track was all quiet).
But when I did stop in a watch one day, rode a couple laps the next I could only imagine how much fun you'd have with a load of bikes and next springs better weather.
As for gear, hey I saw one guy with jeans wearing duct-taped knee pads (cough....KEVIN....cough) hee hee. But I saw why after he bailed on lap 10 or some such thing so I'd see about even taping on some skater knee guards if you're just going for a "fun day" but I'm sure the circuit Snapperhead (Jim) is speaking of probably had criteria for their races.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.