99 yammy r6 question

Thread: 99 yammy r6 question

Yamaha Rated R6 Array yamahar6brown's Avatar
    Bike

99 yammy r6 question

hey guys just a quick question, if anyone has a yamaha r6 or knows about them, i have a 1999, i was wondering if anyone knows how to top up the fluids on them? on all my levels they seems 2 be on low, how would i top up all my fluids, other than taking the bike to the dealership? oh yea and it just had a oilchange not even 200 kms ago

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Big and slow
    Are you tilting the bike up to check levels? You need to do that otherwise it will read low. Have someone hold it and then check.
    Flowbie- Mellowing with age...

Stolen from Atom:
    Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by flowrider View Post
    Are you tilting the bike up to check levels? You need to do that otherwise it will read low. Have someone hold it and then check.

hey thanks for the info, but yea i had someoen told it up straight, the one thing that concerns me the most is, my temp level, goes all the way up to 105 and thats just when its started for 15 minutes, anyone know what the problem could be?

Bike
    also can anyone tell me what the best coolent to use is, also the bet brake fluid and oil for a 600cc bike?, im going to go to canadian tire, so basically anythign that can be purchased there, thanks guys

Blue Power Ranger Array Tylo604's Avatar
    Bike
    '00R6 -> '05 DRZ400 Supermoto -> '09KLR 650 -> '09VSTROM 1000 -> '11 BMW R1200GS
    Hitting 105 degrees after it's been idling for 15 minutes is perfectly normal man.

If my R6 is sitting in traffic for a couple minutes on a hot day it will hit that easily.. then the fan kicks in and it cools down a couple degrees.

In terms of oil... I don't know how extensive a selection Cdn Tire has. A great majority of people on this board would use a semi-synthetic blend like Motul has.

Bike
    Street:SV1000S Race:Ninja 250R, CBR600 F3, DRZ125
    dot4 minium brake fluid
    Some people are like Slinkies ...
    Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TwinBrosRacing <-click
    WMRC & PCMRC #19
    WMRC President

Bike
    Tard.
    Do you let it idle 15 minutes to warm up? If so, that's crazy long. It shouldn't need more than a couple minutes. Then just ride it gentle until the temps are up. Then ensue the speeding (within posted limits )

Bike
    thanks alot for all the help guys, this site rocks

Bike
    2002 Yamaha r6,
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahar6brown View Post
    hey thanks for the info, but yea i had someoen told it up straight, the one thing that concerns me the most is, my temp level, goes all the way up to 105 and thats just when its started for 15 minutes, anyone know what the problem could be?
    I have a 02 R6 and my bike was hiting that temp (no big deal) but I just put a toggle switch to my fan so I can turn it on, just incase.
    Its better to have the power and not need it, then to need the power and not have it

Bike
    2001 R6
    Make sure you know how to bleed the brakes if you are planning on doing it. Nothing worst then a bike that you can't stop. Definitly go for at least a semi synthetic oil, it won't be as hard on the engine when your reving around 14.
    Playing in the twisties!

Bike
    is there any place in surrey where i can take my bike to get my brakes blead? also i can put any coolent i want in my bike right? its the same as car coolent is it not?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Thomson View Post
    I have a 02 R6 and my bike was hiting that temp (no big deal) but I just put a toggle switch to my fan so I can turn it on, just incase.

how did u manage that?