Oregon Sand Dunes

Thread: Oregon Sand Dunes

New Westminster
    2008 Honda CRF150X

Oregon Sand Dunes

Rememberance Day long weekend we are heading down to the Oregon Sand Dunes. Has anybody been there? If anyone can offer some advice on bike prep, where to stay, good places to eat etc...that would be appreciated.
    wanna be #702
    wanna be ROAD RACER
    wanna be DIRT BIKER
    wanna be SUPERMOTO--er

2. Remove Advertisements

05 DRZ Street Tard

Been there done that

I have been to the dunes at least 10 times.
    The best place to ride is Winchester Bay,but there is only one place to camp right beside the dunes. They do have these cool tent cabin things they call
    Urts at Windchester bay that you can rent,they are clean and comfortable.
    There are also showers at the campsite with the Urts. The campsite is about a 5 minute drive from the dunes.

Past Windchester bay about 20minutes is a place called Spin Reel, it has very good riding as well, but it is campsites only no hotels or Urts there.

Both places are close to Reedsport which has a Full Line Yamaha and Honda dealer and everything else like food and gas and shopping.

My best advise is skip Florence. The man has a really heavy presence there and the riding is kind of marginal.The dunes there have lots of scrub brush in them and you cant ride on the beach.

Want to know more just ask I know a lot about that area.
    I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous....

tell marky to stop at shop on way to werk,i have a bunch of info that oregon state transpo sent me for there.