It's Getting Really Cold Out There !!!!!

Thread: It's Getting Really Cold Out There !!!!!

Registered User Array ducatigrrrl's Avatar
    Bike
    GSXR 750

Wink It's Getting Really Cold Out There !!!!!

Hi all,
    I am collecting winter jackets for the homeless women on the Downtown Eastside. Any old jacket will do as long as it is clean. They can be dropped off at my house or I can pick them up. If anyone can think of any other centralized drop-off place that would be great too. Please call me as I don't consistently check the sight. Thanks Sophie (604) 608-6995
    WINK WINK !!! PRRR PRRR !!! VROOM VROOM !!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Sonrisa. Tawa. Be Happy. Array Dazeegirl's Avatar
    Bike
    CBR600 F4i
    Hey Sophie, this is a great idea. My cousin and I donate our winter jackets every year to the homeless. I will gather up a few coats and either drop them off at your place or we can drive down to the shelter together.

If anyone lives in the Fraser Valley/Tri-city area and is unable to drive out to Vancouver, please PM me. I can meet you somewhere and include your items with our donation

Thanks Sophie for the reminder!
    Jess
    Last edited by Dazeegirl; 10-24-2006 at 08:20 PM.
    For Julia, I thank you. Forever in my heart; always on my mind. Your smile & radiance live on.

Bike
    2009 Kawi ZX6R
    awesome idea sophie - there was a member of the salvation army out here collecting jackets for shelters on the island and i gave 4 of my old snowboarding jackets/winter formal jackets away. feels good to know it will go to someone who needs it, AND i have closet space now and its up to me to decide how to fill it lol...mmm shopping...YAY!
    Good friends will bail you out of jail, BEST friends are the ones sitting in the cell next to you saying, "Dude that was fucking awesome!"

1996 Kawasaki Ninja EX500
    2005 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha TTR230
    2009 Kawasaki ZX6R Monster Energy Edition

Bike
    '04 CBR F4i
    Hi Sophie,

Wow that's awsome. There is an organization called Gather and Give http://www.gatherandgive.org/, speak to Jennifer there (feel free to mention you spoke to me - Cheryl - if that helps). You might want to co-ordinate efforts with them. They have all kinds of goodies.

-CJ
    Plus.. I may have some contributions. I'll check when I get home.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory. ~Author Unknown

Black and red is the new blue!!

Sonrisa. Tawa. Be Happy. Array Dazeegirl's Avatar
    Bike
    CBR600 F4i

Bumpity bump!

There was a segment on Global about the homeless trying to cope with the freezing temperatures at night. Brrrrr.....

Any ladies (or men) have warm winter jackets they'd like to donate? Even thick sweaters or fleece pullovers would be great.

PM me if you need me to pick up your items. I think we would like to drop them off this week. Thanks everyone!
    Jess
    For Julia, I thank you. Forever in my heart; always on my mind. Your smile & radiance live on.

Monsterlover
    Yes, what a great idea. I was just thinking that my closet was too full of coats that I never wear. I will have to go through it this week.

Registered User Array ducatigrrrl's Avatar
    Bike
    GSXR 750

Brrrr!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterlover View Post
    Yes, what a great idea. I was just thinking that my closet was too full of coats that I never wear. I will have to go through it this week.
    Great, call me & I can pick them up & drop them off downtown. I dropped off a big duffle bag of jackets last week & all of them have been given away!!
    Thanks
    WINK WINK !!! PRRR PRRR !!! VROOM VROOM !!!