1K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Sloan 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Of course I want more old riders who started as young riders

#5 ·
No I said I was not going to post the annual deaths on BCSB

You are mistaking me for Cool Daddy Grove :laughing

#6 ·
Interesting stats, just shows that we can do lots to decrease our risk of crashing.
I did look at some death stats from the ride2die site for October. 11 times as many men died as women. Stats from another site show about 5.5 times as many male riders vs. female riders. So men seem to be involved in fatal crashes about twice as much per rider as women.

G
#8 ·
The majority of motorcycle fatality collisions occur on dry roads, during daylight hours, in the spring and summer months.

Approximately 75% of motorcycle fatalities are single-vehicle incidents, with the inability to maintain control of the motorcycle in the lane of travel as the leading cause of motorcycle fatalities in Washington.
I guess that blows the whole "riding in the rain is dangerous" thread.

#10 ·
WA State Fatality Statistics
From Washington State Patrol (WSP) News Releases:

The majority of motorcycle fatality collisions occur on dry roads, during daylight hours, in the spring and summer months.

Approximately 75% of motorcycle fatalities are single-vehicle incidents, with the inability to maintain control of the motorcycle in the lane of travel as the leading cause of motorcycle fatalities in Washington.

Approximately 40% of motorcyclists killed are under the influence, more than any other type of vehicle, with a blood alcohol concentration of .08% or greater.

Motorcycle fatalities from 1993 to 2005 have more than doubled, up from 35 to 73. Since 1999, motorcycle registrations have increased 60%. During the same period, motorcycle fatalities have increased by 89%.

There are two spikes on the graphs: one for younger riders where speed in the major factor; one for older riders on heavy motorcycles where inability to maintain control and DUI are the major factors.

Any surprises there?

So basically don't be :

1) Drunk on a Goldwing or Harley

2) Newbie losing control.

With only 73 people dead in the whole state of Washington. That's fuck all. More people in Washington die from constipation, falling down, choking at a restaurant.......feels pretty safe to be on a bike.

#13 ·
I could probably find the number of a good surgeon.....:laughing

#15 ·
:court

So if we merge BC with WA but never ride in WA, then take our Newbs n' Wings off the road... we -formerly of BC- lessen the death rate in the new state of British Washington by 89%. No problem. :D

:drinkbeer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.